Buying interstate without buyers agent

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Boston george, 3rd Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. luckystar

luckystar Well-Known Member

Just wondering
    That template you mentioned above- is this an email format you send to the agent? Or are those just the areas you fill in on the contract

2. Michael_X

Michael_X Mortgage Broker Business Member

It really depends on how the agent works. Sometimes, the agent will send you an offer form which is essentially that template so I just complete that and return.

Other times, I will have a chat to them on the phone and then email or text through the template. They will then use the details and put that onto a contract.

If it's a good deal, I always try to get to the contract stage as soon as I can. Nothing more powerful than the agent presenting an offer on a contract to the vendor.

Cheers,
    Michael

luckystar likes this.
  3. Eric Wu

Eric Wu Well-Known Member

exactly, pulling out in the cooling off will cost you the initial deposit (usually $1000, it is very common that agent and vendor will agree to $1000 deposit, the rest could be settled at settlement with loan). Pulling off from the B&P inspection will cost you the cost of B&P inspection fee, which is about $500 all up, and this, I think, is the best option. Pulling off from finance will need a statement from bank, which is after bank assessment (a credit hit will incurred). anyway, QLD is a more buyer friendly State.

4. 733

733 Well-Known Member

Good advice all around - just a couple of my personal learnings as an investor and as a PM (1) as an investor I put a three week clause for finance as something always invariably comes up and its always helpful giving yourself that extra week and (2) if you are purchasing an older property ensure you have a sparky check the electrical works in case the place requires rewiring so that you can negotiate that off the purchase price...and take your time looking - there is always the next great deal

A.M.W and Gypsyblood like this.