Buying international and domestic shares using House equity and Trust

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by Chris21, 5th Sep, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Chris21

Chris21 Well-Known Member

Hi Folks

I am considering using house equity to invest in domestic and international shares / ETF. The house is in name of myself and my wife. We plan for use 50% of equity to purchase shares / ETF and 50% as deposit towards investment property purchase.

1. Should I create two equity cash out splits - one for share investment and another separate one for property investment ?
    2. Will debt be considered as Tax deductible if keep one single split ? I am assuming yes, because it is used for income generation (however no income is generated , just share value goes up. I will not be investing for dividend but growth)
    3. Does trading account needs to be joint account (both myself and me wife) or can it be just on my wife's account?
    4. Can trading account be on a trust name - with me ,my wife and my dependent parents as trustee? I intend to distribute profit / dividend to dependent parents? If I do so, will the debt still considered as Tax deductible ?

Thanks in advance !