VIC Buying in West, Truganina Williams Landing, Point Cook

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Haris2887, 11th Dec, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Haris2887

Haris2887 New Member

Hello All.
    I am new to the Forums.
    I am looking to buy my first home in the west, Ideally around Truganina , Williams Landing or Point Cook.

basically need 4 Bed 2 Bath house.
    Was looking for some advice on over capitalising and what type of money to spend.. How much land should I expect.

For example I like this house
    13 Glenfern Circuit Truganina Vic 3029 - House for Sale #124182454 - realestate.com.au
    1. Owner wants $680 for it... Is that reasonable for Truganina considering the block in only 448? Yes it is a nice house and everything.... Should I spend that money in a suburb that has more growth ? I am getting the house to live in not as an investment or anything like that. So lifestyle might be good living in a big house... open to suggestions.
    2. Most houses in the area are a lot smaller , will that create resale problems ?

I am new to the property market, so if anyone has any advice , will be greatly appreciated.

p.s I have heard interest rates will raise next year, that means lower property pricing right ?

2. Cimbom

Cimbom Well-Known Member

My ceiling for that region would be 500k max. For the 700k range, you could get a cheapie in somewhere as close in as Coburg if you don't mind doing some renovations or even a smaller house in decent condition. I would be looking inner north/west with that budget. 700k is a huge amount to spend for Truganina IMO.

3. fols

fols Well-Known Member

You can get a 4 bedder in that area for $400k.

4. Spiderman

Spiderman Well-Known Member

Or even in an established part of Hoppers near the Plaza for that, eg

1 Yenda Court Hoppers Crossing Vic 3029 - House for Sale #124257738 - realestate.com.au

This one in Hoppers is advertised at 360 - 390k. On busy road but super handy location. While traffic will be noisy the main road location could make it a potential opportunity (eg child care, medical surgery, home business etc).

125 Morris Road Hoppers Crossing Vic 3029 - House for Sale #123959818 - realestate.com.au

5. JacM

JacM VIC Buyer's Agent - Melbourne, Geelong, Ballarat Business Member

Advertised price is not sale price. Often sale price is significantly higher. Also main road does not immediately mean medical centre opportunity. Customer parking requirements can be a stumbling block.

MJS1034 likes this.
  6. vip_leo

vip_leo Member

I live in Truganina in my PPOR for for more than 5 years. I recently purchased 3 BR Unit too in same areas as my 1st IP.
    In last 5 years, I've seen area has developed significantly - Medical Centers, Child Cares, Shopping Centers, 2 new stations (Willliams Lending & Tarneit) and 3rd one (Truganina) is coming.
    Overall, it's turning out to be nice area to live in. Only downside I see as of now is lack of good school(s) in the area. There are few new schools, opened in past couple of years and couple of more coming (2- 3 years) but not sure about their quality of education.

And yes, prices have increased very dramatically recently. There are many estates already and new ones coming - Allura, Element, Westbrook, Forsyth Park, Elepis, Albright, Rothwell and many more.
    I've got couple of my friends working as REA and they are after new properties all the time. Sellers are actually getting their asking prices. So, believe me the figure you're getting on RE website are correct. People want to make their Abode in this Western part of Melbourne for one prime reason and i.e. it's still cheaper than buying in SE region(Officer, Berwick, Pakenham) which is too far as well compared to this region - Truganina, WL & Tarneit.

7. Cimbom

Cimbom Well-Known Member

8. vip_leo

vip_leo Member

No, I'm NOT :( .... I wish I could have 'sales' skills!!

9. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

How about Wyndham Vale ?