VIC Buying in the Dandenong Ranges

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Vic2188, 15th Mar, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Vic2188

Vic2188 New Member

What's everyone's thoughts of buying a property in the Dandenong ranges. I have noticed great price disparity in places like Upwey and Mount Dandenong with some properties now fetching over 2 million?

2. alicudi

alicudi Well-Known Member

Hi

I have an absolute soft spot for the area, maybe it was from the picnics I had in the area with my parents when I was a young child and the visits to Skyhigh Restaurant and The Cuckoo!

I think it would be a fantastic place to live in the retirement years I do keep going back to check out properties for sale every 12 months or so around Belgrave, Upwey, Cockatoo, Emerald, Kalorama etc.

I am 42 years old and I suppose my dream would be to have an apartment in Eureka Tower at the very top (that will never happen) and a $1.5m home in the Dandenong Ranges, I have had this dream for a few years now and if I won $50m that's the life I would love to live.

But I do admit I find some weird stuff happening and a lot of "witchcraft" type shops/groups operating in some of the Dandenong Ranges that freaks me out a little!

Regards,

alicudi

The Y-man likes this.