WA Buying in Perth

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by rhinsor, 8th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Great, cash flow that's the way to go, especially with all the financial changes, things just got a little more tougher

MTR

Last edited: 23rd Jul, 2015
  2. Aaron Sice

Aaron Sice Well-Known Member

I'd rather pay tax on income than subsidize my tenants lifestyles for a little tax back.

Blacky and MTR like this.
  3. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

I'd love to hear more about it @Aaron Sice , sounds like what I'd like my next project to be (in a year or so - gotta finish other projects first!)

4. Aaron Sice

slowly slowly - titles aren't due for a while so I have a lot of time to get everything together.

5. SaberX

SaberX Well-Known Member

Sounds like somewhere between armadale, cockburn and i dont' know if you're referring to further down south for another satellite city - rockingham? mandurah? Am i close haha...

Mind sharing a rough band for how much the duplex would cost? Never looked into or bought a duplex but be curious how much both cost and the land size, just to open my eyes abit on what's out there... happy for a PM otherwise. :)

6. Aaron Sice

Piara Waters - and third hub is Canningvale.

....and that should read a fair distance 'to' the fwy, not 'from'.

It's still very early days yet - organising and finalising tax returns for full doc, clearing debts and letting my credit rating continue to climb above 950....so I won't be sharing any numbers until I'm much further into it.

Last edited: 24th Jul, 2015
  7. sammmeee

sammmeee Well-Known Member

I too have gone against the tide of watchers and wait. Purchased 3x1 10-12kms from city proposed zoning changes area large block.
    I missed out on a bargain, waited and found a better one. A line of people literally waiting to put an offer in. This one was simply first in best dressed fortunately we knew that and had paperwork ready to go...

Had to be at least 50 people go through this property while we were signing the contract. Once the crowd realised it was sold we got a lot of angry looks and scowls as we were sitting in the car.... Ex housing commission our bread and butter. Love em. Solid houses on large blocks.

charttv and Westminster like this.
  8. stockt12

stockt12 Member

Wow terrific pickup sammmeee.. Would love to know what area this in(pm if necessary). Have been looking to get myself over the line with a couple of Girrawheen properties but the rush doesn't seem be there and it looks like people are waiting on the next dip in pricing here.

Would love to pick something up in the next week or two...but I'm stuck

9. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Girrawheen/Koondoola??

10. sammmeee

sammmeee Well-Known Member

No Different train line
    I bought in Girrawheen last year. Not my best investment will just have to ride that bump out.

ARC likes this.
  11. LifesGood

LifesGood Well-Known Member

With this scenario, given that your two best options were risky and subject to a few outcomes swinging in your favour, what would your plan have been if you had no luck getting approval for the triplex or five 1beds ? What would have been your "get out of jail" card?