NSW Buying in Edmondson Park/Bardia

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Ash, 23rd Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

I am still sure OP can find brand new house elsewhere and near the station

2. neK

neK Well-Known Member

Give me an older house closer to the city any day. Just had a look at the train timetable - 65 mins from edmondson park to Wynyard..... No thanks! I'll stick with my 20 minute train ride.

Tekoz, Property Twins and Observer like this.
  3. Ash

Ash Well-Known Member

4. bread_boy

bread_boy Well-Known Member

'Original Poster' I believe

5. ej89

ej89 Well-Known Member

Difference is you have 100,000+ jobs within 20 mins of the northwest area and several commercial business parks.. SW has nothing except industrial. Not enough high paying jobs to demand that money..

And also way less land in NW, and everything already existing..

6. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

@neK but the problem is that you will have to pay at least twice the price of the far-far away house in a Woop-Woop :cool:.

Money and travel time talks here mate.

7. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

@ej89 what do you mean by already existing ?
    is it the Public Transport Infrastructure and public facilities... etc... ?

8. neK

neK Well-Known Member

Of course money talks! Isn't that why we're on the forum to begin with ;)

Tekoz likes this.
  9. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

Yes that's very true.
    How's thing @neK ? Already preparing for the next buy this year or ... Take some rest financially :D

10. ej89

ej89 Well-Known Member

Homes, jobs, schools, shops, restaurants etc. loads of existing high paying jobs and big companies in NW whereas in SW theres lots of industrial business parks where the average worker would be lucky to be on $900/week unless they are business owners

Only thing missing in NW is the train line which is half built now and will reach major NW suburbs whereas SW stops at Leppington and could be 20 years away before extension

Tekoz likes this.
  11. Hasan

Hasan Member

Hi Ash, I live in Bardia. I moved here bit over a year ago. Personally I think Bardia is positioned much better than Leppington or even Edmondson Park.

You are positioned nicely between Edmondson Park Train Station which will connect to the Badgerys Creek Airport line, and the Ingleburn Train Station which is a direct line to the current Sydney airport and the city.

Furthermore, the entry to M5 is pretty much at your door step. You are right on the midst of the M5 and M7 cut away.

I find the area to be family friendly and not too busy. Plus you are not too far away from Liverpool or Campbelltown CBD.

Hope that helps

12. Ash

Ash Well-Known Member

Thanks Hasan great insights.

Just want to check if you have bought in that area , any issues with bank valuations ? Banks value ur property below what u bought during loan disbursement ??

Also ur idea about current price of 375 sqm single story house 4 bed 2 bath 2 park ?

13. Hasan

Hasan Member

I bought my place ready made, at that time no issues with bank valuation. All my neighbours however have bought their land and built on top without any issues and there are still some houses on my street that are getting built. So I would assume they are not having any issues with the bank in regards to valuation or disbursement.

I currently got mine revalued 3 months ago at $796k for a single story 500sqm 4-2-2. My neighbour got his revalued at $815K for a single story 550sqm 4-2-2. Neigbour across the road got his revalued at $790k without having landscaping done for single story 500sqm 4-2-2.

Earlier this year a single story 3 bed 2 bath 1 garage on 375sqm land got sold for $730K
    Sold Price for 23 Bardia Avenue Bardia NSW 2565

So I think even if you are paying $450k for 375sqm land and then construction, I would say you are on par with the market value for Bardia.

I don't know what the future holds, but in my opinion I think Bardia still has more to offer, specially leading towards the completion of the town centre.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

14. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

@Ash It seems that you will be rich soon, because Chinese Developer bought some more lands in the areas making it more expensive: South-west Sydney primed for more development and investment

So how's the market valuation at the moment if you don't mind sharing ?

Most people in this forum is somehow doesn't like OTP property for investing, so let's proof to them that OTP especially H&L package is the winner here :cool:

15. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Why do you want to prove anything ? you do what suits you.

Like some say house only, others do well with units or townhouses etc etc, some even do well with temp type housing that I have not seen discussed here at all, what about over 55's, if you have cash you can get very good cash returns in some places, then there is commercial.

16. Ash

Ash Well-Known Member

@Tekoz Thanks for sharing the link. I don't track much these days so it was good to read/know this. This will be a PPOR so i am not too worried about other things and also not expecting this to decrease in value in long term. I do think area has potential but not a lot of top end jobs ( like we have in city or may be a bit in NW Sydney). Yes we do have a lot of blue collar jobs in SW Sydney. Moreover plans for leppington are grand with airport in few years so lets keep fingers cross. Another reason for buying there was I canonly afford a new house in that region .. others are out of my budget :(

No bank valuations yet. we just went to see the progress on site and its moving at right pace. if all goes by plan i will have my land settled by Apr -may next year and then only will be able to share valuation.

PS: by the way I am already rich :)

Tekoz likes this.
  17. TeShire

TeShire New Member

Thinking of possibly buying land and building PPOR in Bardia, or Edmondson Park or even Leppington at a stretch.

Is anyone here living there and commuting into the city with the train (this will be a must for me due to the industry - IT - I work in)? It looks like the train trip isn't too bad - I'm seeing times of 45-55mins from Edmondson Park to Museum, during the peak, depending on whether an express or not. Would be interested to hear from anyone doing the commute?

Also, what's the demographic like - I assume mainly young families? But mostly working-class for the industrial areas around Campbelltown, or more city commuters like me?

18. Hasan

Hasan Member

The demographic is young professionals with families.

19. Yasir Anwar

Yasir Anwar New Member

Hi Experts,

I am looking to buy a lot in Bardia. The prices however are above and beyond imagination. The numbers I see in this post for last year are significantly low. A 300 sq.m block of land currently costs 480-490K. Even in unregistered blocks, the rate is the same and the dealers are arguing that this is the market rate right now and in one year it will further go up 60k for a 300 sq.m lot.

Is it the actual worth of this land? I think the sellers are asking for an unrealistic price and it is not the real worth of land over there.

Please share your thoughts. Thanks.

20. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

where do YOU believe the market is in that part of Sydney right now /

Its it trending up flat or down ?

ta
    rolf

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia