Buying in Brisbane suburbs for 500k?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by K8F, 30th Jun, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. K8F

K8F Well-Known Member

I am thinking of buying in Brisbane for our next IP as we live in the Sunshine Coast and hope to “manufacture equity” in the next IP at some stage.

I would really appreciate any opinions on suburbs that show promise for a min 3bedroom house, with the ability to either do improvements , or manufacture equity down the track with GF.

Preferably under 500–550k total purchase costs (inc stamp duty).
    Thank you!

2. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

Hi @K8F
    Don't have suburb recommendations....
    But suggest:
    • Read up the PC Brisbane threads for the price bracket you are looking at
    • Look at realestate.com.au for the various suburbs to gauge which ones fall in your price bracket
    • Check BCC (and other Brisbane councils) regulations and environmental plans to determine the parameters for granny flat potential

3. riahi

riahi Member

318 Tufnell Road, Banyo, Qld 4014

banyo is a good option northside only 13kms from city near industrial workplaces access to M1,shopping and sunshine coast and well within your budget.

4. nuzullandchicky

nuzullandchicky Well-Known Member

Im no expert but Ive been researching Arana Hills, Ferny Hills, Ferny Grove area. I like that
    • Anywhere south of Patricks Rd is close to a number of train stations (Ferny Grove is the start of the line and is the Beenleigh line so right through Southbank etc)
    • Close to a number of good schools
    • Close to parks, sports grounds, public pools
    • Flood free to most
    • Near Arana Hills shopping centre
    • 12km to Brisbane City
    • Good established homes on 600m2 or more blocks

5. JS21

JS21 Member

500k is touch and go with obtaining something investment-grade, and you'll need to select wisely. I'd be looking in suburbs like Geebung (We recently helped a client get a great deal sub 500k on an off market property here in a quiet street - grandmas house with shaggy carpets and yellow paint. Instant equity to be made here with a cosmetic reno). Other areas I'd look at are parts of Keperra, and potentially Aspley, although that could be tough nowdays. If you want any further info, feel free to PM me anytime. Cheers.

6. K8F

K8F Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone for the great pointers so far Planning on going for a drive down these ways in the next couple of weeks.

7. JS21

JS21 Member

Pleasure and good luck.

PFI can assist you with your investment strategies for your SMSF, Life Cover for your members and assistance with compliance. We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice