Buying a house that's not for sale?

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Fortune Favors the Bold, 11th Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Andrew H

Andrew H Well-Known Member

i would put together a great offer first then just head over there.
    whats the risk vs reward... pretty good hey? Personally i wouldn't care less if it was for sale or not...but thats just me, i'm always surprised at peoples answers to my questions.
    Just be aware that some people aren't familiar with selling houses without RE agents. So just gently remind them solicitors are involved and its all legit...in better words than that of course.

I met an investor who ONLY did this, he bought properties that were on two lots which he finds on google earth or something and drops pins on the map. Almost always they were not for sale. Saved on subdivsion costs he said. Then he went knocking on doors - and bought properties....

2. SerenityNow

SerenityNow Well-Known Member

Instead of starting a new thread, I'll just ask here :) How do you do this? Do you drop letters, or hire someone to knock on doors? What % premium do you pay above market price? I realize you might not be willing to share this info, and that's fair enough if it's your secret sauce...

3. Mr RD

Mr RD Member

I believe in paying what the property is worth to you as the purchaser. Everyone has different economic circumstances. There is more than one way to skin a cat, i have found a way that works for me. The same process may not work for others. It all depends on the type of properties you are looking for. If its a standard strata unit or run of the mill dwelling, this probably wont work. You don't need a big budget, just have the ability to see potential where others don't. Like a lot of long term property people what they know you can't google.

4. SerenityNow

SerenityNow Well-Known Member

Fair enough, good luck to you and your clients :)