VIC Buying a house next to a public golf course

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by clicli, 3rd Apr, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. clicli

clicli Member

2. Brady

Brady Well-Known Member

Need to know where it sits on the golf course, do you have a layout of the course?

Looks like it's behind a green, pending length of hole would determine how often would see balls going through the green.

Is it only close to that hole?

3. Brady

Brady Well-Known Member

Believe I've found where it lays in relation to the course.

Looks like it's next to the 1st tee and 9th green.

Would only get 'fore' calls coming from the 1st tee, looks like reasonable amount of distance and cover from trees.

The 9th is a Par 4 - but it's only 201m which means would have people driving for the green in 1 which means could have people landing drivers, woods, long irons into the house. I would go sit there on there busiest day and see how often it happens. Although again looks like there is some coverage from the trees.

paulF likes this.
  4. daiwaqa

daiwaqa Member

got a mate have his house back by golf course and he love it, sitting on the backyard watching hopping kangaroos and flying golf balls.

ellejay likes this.
  5. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

Just check out direction of play.
    Issues can arise if balls being hit towards the houses.
    Marg

6. Nemo30

Nemo30 Well-Known Member

my dads previous ppor backed on to a fairway. He loved living there. Really nice outlook.
    The golf course changed their layout slightly, which meant balls were regularly landing on his roof and cracking tiles ( tiles on a golf course bad idea). It was an IP by this time and he had regular issues with roof leaks and broken tiles and ended up selling because of it.

7. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

As it's a public course (council owned), check what council's policy is regarding fencing - you may be fully liable for repairs and replacement under the fencing act.

8. KateAshmor

KateAshmor Victorian Conveyancing Lawyer Business Member

The law says that if the golf course came first (you moved in after the golf course was already there), then they are not responsible for the cost of repairing any damage to your home. Buyer beware.

Scott No Mates and neK like this.
  9. Username86

Username86 Well-Known Member

I lived on a golf course for most of my teen years. Had the occasional ball in the swimming pool and only one ever went through the window. We were on the fairway so they were hitting past our house not towards it. Never really noticed noise from maintenance equipment. The houses on the course appeared to be more desirable than the others in the suburb.