buying a home having "electrical Box" 10 meter away from it!!

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by Amyabhava, 25th Aug, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Amyabhava

Amyabhava New Member

Hi all,
    I am buying a new land + home package and I have contract and draft design as well. By looking the detailed draft layout my solicitor told me to not to purchase it since it has "electrical Box". But when I chat with builder they send me picture and told me it is 10 meter away from my lot . It is not in front of my lot but it falls in front of other lot and it is 10 meter away. So it will not impact to your lot.
    I have attached the image here to get you idea and in image lot 104 is mine. I have highlighted the electric box as well. Please guide me that should I proceed further with this property or not.

Thanks for all your help :)
    upload_2020-8-25_11-3-40.png

2. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Electrical transformers are a common fixture on a unlucky buyers land and it is an easement on title. If you arent buying lot 106 and are looking at 104 its not a issue (at all). Builder is correct.

I assume from Google Maps this is Northview Rd Kilmore and I can see the big ugly thing outside the black roof house at lot 106. Your solicitor seems wrong.
    Go and personally check. Streetview isnt available here. They cant move it onto another lot.

upload_2020-8-25_16-26-52.png

The Y-man, bamp and Amyabhava like this.
  3. Amyabhava

Amyabhava New Member

Thanks a lot Paul !!. Just to clarify it is not the Northview RD. Its 155 Crown street Riverston area. The houses are not ready yet. there is only land. So according to you can I proceed with this Property. Yes mine is lot 106 from my diagram. I have highlighted it.

4. Amyabhava

Amyabhava New Member

5. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Amyabhava likes this.
  6. Amyabhava

Amyabhava New Member

Thanks Wylie. Mine is lot 104 highlighted in my diagram. Are you also referring the same ?

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia