Buying a bush block with a Public Conservation and Resource Zone

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by James Lain, 23rd Sep, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. James Lain

James Lain New Member

Hi,
    I have been looking for a bush block to set up a caravan or private camping for a while. They come up very seldom in my preffered area. Therefore, I'd like to take matters into my own hands and approach current owners with an offer.

I'm after some adive before approaching owners with an offer and council with questions.

The current blocks that I am looking at are all in a Public conservation and resource zone (PCRZ). Some are owned privately and there are bigger blocks that are crown land. It is next to a national park.

The area has been previously subdivided, with roads, however it has returned to bush and would potentially need to be surveyed to get a gauge of where each block sits.

In a perfect would, if like to get one or a number of these blocks for a steal and put removable tiny houses on them and use it for weekends/school holidays.

I've got lots of questions. But for now, my questions are;
    - what can I do with these blocks zoned as pcrz? eg can I clear some ti tree and put a caravan on it?
    - How do I best approach this with council/exhisting owners?

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Read the LEP for the area and determine the permitted uses under the zoning. That will determine whether you can clear the land, erect structures or otherwise occupy the land.

3. James Lain

James Lain New Member

Thanks, there are a list of uses under the pcrz zoning, however I find them a bit ambiguous.
    I'll do a bit more research.