Buyers refuse to pay

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by MiQu, 5th Apr, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. ellejay

ellejay Well-Known Member

Totally agree, as I stated everyone has to do what fits best for them and their situation. I'm currently pursuing a much larger amount of money from someone so this is very current for me at the moment. Going through the legal system, consumer protection, my Federal MP anyone who needs to know what this person is up to or has the power to prevent them from doing it again.

Last edited by a moderator: 22nd Jul, 2019
    Terry_w and MiQu like this.
  2. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

yes I know how you feel, I am a man /kid of prinicipal too ,and yes sometimes the costs outweigh the financial recovery, fortunaetly/unfortunately I havent quite reached your "if its not worth it dont bother" stage yet,
    recently, I took a former friend who owed me $500 from a $2000 loan about 18 months ago with a promise to pay it back within 6 months, in the past 6 months, msgs ignored while on Facebook he is on holidays, going to expensive restaurants, and he works full time too,

I took him to court, and are in the process of sending process servers to his place of work, its going to cost me about $150 for this process, but hopefully, it will embarass the crap out of him,

simply cannot stand people who take advantage of peoples generosity , at the expense of a good freindship too

MWI, Terry_w, MiQu and 1 other person like this.
  3. ellejay

ellejay Well-Known Member

Same here, doing the same with the...ahem, property mentor above who ripped me off. She's carrying on as normal at the moment, recruiting students for her property course and running webinars, people would never guess what she has done. Regardless of whether the legal system manages to return my money to me or not, I'm going for it anyway.

4. CowPat

CowPat Well-Known Member

Debt collection agencys , I have never had one get the money

Small claims court is the way to go
    the first time is the hardest but its a great skill to learn
    its a long process , don't let it consume you

* First before file , you must be seen to be trying to work out things with them ,
    do it in writing they will hang themselves with their reply's ie- offer payment plans ect

* Next file - you will give your written account of what happened to the court

* Then mediation - again trying to work things out with them eg ill accept 2K

*Then small claims court ...... if you've got all your ducks in a row with the previous points
    its a laydown misere

I must admit it is very satisfying to have the court member tear strips off the person who was dismissing you with a flick of the wrist , 6 months before

Last edited: 11th Apr, 2019
    Terry_w likes this.
  5. Eric Wu

Eric Wu Well-Known Member

It's annoying some ppl take advantage of others , and being dishonest.

But, is it worth the headache it might give you if going down the legal path. :(:(:(

Maybe move on from here, your time will worth more than the $3k.

What goes around, comes around. They will learn their lesson sooner or later.