NSW Buyers Brief First Home Buy...

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Ron Davis, 6th Oct, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Ron Davis

Ron Davis Member

Hi All,

I would like to ask your feedback as I am getting together a buyers brief and I am a newbie and look forward to avoid big mistakes.

I am looking to buy a PPOR in Sydney and we are a young family (with a 6 month old). We are not from Sydney and have been living in Sutherland almost 5months and with limited knowledge of many other areas in Sydney.

Which location and type of property would you choose for your PPOR and if you had a family with the following specs:
    • 650-700K max
    • Close to public transport
    • 45mins -1hr commute to CBD
    • Low-mid crime
    • Ok/good schools
    • 3 beds
    • Nice and safe place for a family to live
    • Place to live the next 10 years and probably move somewhere else (as the family grows)
    Anything else you would consider in your buyers brief? Would be good to have a beach 45mins commute too.

Look forward to your feedback/help.

Many thanks Ron

2. Blueshoes99

Blueshoes99 Well-Known Member

House is no go but you can buy a unit in Parramatta, Carlingford, Castle Hill, Rockdale, Mortdale etc

You’ve heard about the first home owners grant scheme 2020? You’ll only need 5% deposit. Google search and find the criteria’s and how to apply.

3. Ron Davis

Ron Davis Member

Was thinking in the west of sydney around the Penrith areas might still be within reach for houses?

4. Ron Davis

Ron Davis Member

And ive got a 100k deposit..

5. Blueshoes99

Blueshoes99 Well-Known Member

I think it is important for you and your partner to have a look at the below website. I’m not here to give you advice or to change your mind.

City of Penrith - Free Property Report

There is a reason why property prices are much more reasonable in some areas versus others. I’m only thinking about the safety of your family.

Last edited: 6th Oct, 2019
  6. Ron Davis

Ron Davis Member

Ive had a look at microburbs and some other references thanks @Blueshoes99

7. AAA2214

AAA2214 Well-Known Member

Look at Quakers hill. Established suburb and has frequent trains to the city in peak hours and would tick all your boxes but due to the current demand is getting difficult to buy something in your price range. Odd ones do come up so keep looking

8. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I reckon a townhouse, duplex or villa could be the way to go. I’d try for not too far out though.

9. Ron Davis

Ron Davis Member

Thanks @AAA2214 i bet you would hate having to commute to westfield mt druitt if you needed to do some shopping though?

10. AAA2214

AAA2214 Well-Known Member

Thats why they are many major shopping centers nearby Stanhope, Rousehill, Castle hill, Blacktown so that you dont need to go to Mt Druitt ;)

11. Serveman

Serveman Well-Known Member

I'm thinking maybe Narellan. I just did a realestate.com.au search and found quite a few houses within that price range. The other option is Springwood Blue Mountains. Both of these are a long way from the beach but I think Springwood has a good community. Springwood to Penrith is only 22km. If you want beach then Central coast around Forresters Beach or Bateau Bay will be in your price range.

12. Shaggerr

Shaggerr Member

Helensburgh

13. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Very unlikely- 3 bedder units in these 2 suburbs closer to $800K ranges. The market is definitely moving and townhouses in particular very popular in the lower price brackets in both these suburbs. Parramatta affordable for units but if the OP is looking for sub $700K housing going west is going to yield the best results. Happy property hunting :)