Buyers Agents & hot spotting services

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by MBO, 17th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. MBO

MBO Active Member

G'day

Just wondering if anyone has used the services or recommends a buyers agency called We Buy Property Paul Wilson is the director. Checked out his website & it looks ok but not sure if they are only trying to flog property they have a vested interest in. Also how helpful they are in helping putting more complicated deals together like small development etc.

Also Hotspoting services such as property hot spotting or thirdi group. Have heard of these last 2 from a few seminars I've been to.

Anyone had any exposure to any of these companies or recommend any like them. Have been trawling through PC & have found many great articles & advice so thanks everyone for the great input on this site.

Cheers
    Marcus

Tekoz likes this.
  2. Amber83

Amber83 Well-Known Member

im new to IP but i purchased some of Terry Ryders hotspotting tips. i thought it was very thorough and detailed, lots of research seems to have gone into his ideas but im not sure how accurately he predicts hotspots, hopefully some others here have a better idea :). im using a buyers agent at the moment; make sure you hire one who is aligned with what you want, my buyers agent seems just intent on buying a property within my budget and isnt really taking into consideration timing of the market. its a conundrum.

MBO and Bryan Loughnan like this.
  3. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

If you are looking for a true BA, make sure you find one that is affiliated with REBAA. That will help ensure you find one where no conflict of interest is present. Their list of member agencies is at: http://rebaa.com.au/members/

Their code of conduct is here, which includes:

and

NB - I used a BA recently to buy in Greater Brisbane and only considered BAs on the REBAA website.

Propertunity and MBO like this.
  4. MBO

MBO Active Member

Thanks for this, along with the rest of PC site I'll keep trawling through it, lots of great info on here. We've bought sold & held several different IP's inc industrial properties over the last 10 years mainly in our local region in CQ but would like to start looking further afield & whilst having some knowledge of areas down south that's why I considered using a buyers agent or someone reputable to help find good quality tangeable deals that can be value added in some way, just knowing who to trust as there's a lot of spruikers out there.

5. Richard Taylor

Richard Taylor Well-Known Member

Totally agree Marcus there are many a property spruiker out there and many a BA who has some hidden association with the seller or developer.

I have even seen BA's recommending properties that you later find are owned by their wife or uncle of which they forgot to tell you at the time of going to contract.

Both my partner Jacqui and myself are professional investors so we always try and assess the clients longer term property goals and objectives. Many investors buy a single property only and then get frustrated that they cannot go further.

Structuring your borrowings correctly from day 1 and understanding cash flow helps work out how much you need to achieve your passive income goals.

Finally you will be surprised how many BA's out there (like mortgage brokers) have never purchased a property for their own portfolio but are happy to take your money and tell you why the property is good for you.

Cheers

Richard

Tekoz, willair, MBO and 1 other person like this.
  6. MBO

MBO Active Member

Thanks Richard

Yeah your right, it's important when building a team that the members used have the runs on the board to back it up, I'll flick u an email & get in touch if that's ok, be good to have a chat to see if where on the right track & what opportunities are out there.

Cheers
    Marcus

7. Richard Taylor

Richard Taylor Well-Known Member

Sounds good Marcus.

Cheers

Richard

Do you need help with investment strategies, don’t want to buy the wrong stocks, or you just need a regular income stream? We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.