Buyers agent Townsville

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by GoGoBaba, 24th Mar, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. GoGoBaba

GoGoBaba Member

Any recommendations for a good local BA for Townsville?

2. GenYGuy

GenYGuy New Member

My partner and I are currently engaging a BA for a property in Townsville. We haven’t completed the engagement yet but are very happy so far. This BA grew up in Townsville and has demonstrated good networks there. He does split his time between the Gold Coast and Townsville now but has been on the ground in Townsville when we have needed him to be.

Please feel free to PM me and I’ll send his details through if you like.

This is my first post on propertychat so I can’t expect it to carry much favour so here are some details.

We have been presented with approximately 20 properties that have met our brief. There has been a mix of on and off market opportunities. Some of the off market ones have been interesting for example a couple that wants to sell and lease back while they build.

Of the 20 properties, we’ve asked the BA to do detailed due diligence on maybe 10. Of those he has personally inspected 8. We’ve been provided other materials like rental ledgers, rent appraisals and preliminary comments from a town planner about the potential for subdivision.

We made an offer on 1 property and were unsuccessful, second highest offer apparently and will likely be making an offer on another property very soon.

Our fee is a flat $10k which seems good value for the amount of work involved for the BA. We have been supported and felt in control the whole time.

We have 2 IP’s already so not completely new to property investment.