Buyer's agent recommendations in Sunshine Coast?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Becky2097, 3rd Dec, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Becky2097

Becky2097 New Member

Hi All,

My partner and I live in Sydney and we want to buy a property investment on the Sunshine Coast. We flew up there a couple of weekends ago to take a look around the area and view some houses.

We liked the suburbs of Buderim, Aroona, Wurtulla, Battery Hill, Currimundi as they all had some houses in our $550k price range. We wanted to put an offer on one of the houses we saw and soon realised the way to do this was a bit different from NSW with a formalised contract.

We did a bit of research on the houses in the area and it seemed that, historically, properties in our price range sold for around $20k to $30k cheaper than they were advertised for - a bit different to the Sydney market! As a result, we put in an offer $25k under the asking price. Our offer quickly got rejected with no counter offer . We thought did we low ball too much? Did we offend them?

We felt a bit overwhelmed by the experience and thought the best solution would be to use a buyers agent. This would also save us money and time travelling up there!

We have since talked to about 5 buyer's agents and 3 of them seemed to think they were the "biggest agent in town". We looked at their google and facebook reviews but some agents that had been around for 10 years had less than 3 reviews on these platforms so it was hard to compare.

So, thought I'd reach out and see if anyone could recommend a good buyers agent in the Sunshine Coast? Or had any tips for buying in this area?

Thanks in advance!
    Bec

2. Bradley Peet

Bradley Peet Well-Known Member

Hi Bec,

Congratulations on taking the step and investing in the Sunshine Coast! It's a great place to live and invest if your lucky enough to get the opportunity to do so.

I've only really had dealings with one local company and I liked the experience. Give 'Pumped on Property' a call and see how you go.

Regarding making offers on local properties, in that price range you'll find demand is quite high. Some sales agents have become order takers, not really needing to negotiate - most will submit the best offer to their client and do a deal. I'd put your best foot forward straight away if you were to try again.

Hope that helps!

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia