Buyers Agent Perth

Discussion in 'Commercial Property' started by Perthguy, 23rd Mar, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

I found out today that a friend of a friend is looking for a residential property with potential to convert to medical consulting services. This involves finding a current resi property that has the potential for a change of use under the relevant local planning scheme. The property therefore would need to be able to accommodate council parking requirements etc.

Broad geographic area is SOR, down to around South Street and not further east than Roe and not further west than about Stock. Preference is for a higher traffic road and budget is up to $900k.

The buyer has found a buyers agent who will source a list of potential properties for a fee of 3.5% of the purchase price of the property. If the property is $900k, the fee will be over $30k! That seems like a lot!

I may be able to help them find a suitable property or at least recommend a BA with a more reasonable fee.

Any recommendations for a BA who could assist with sourcing this type of property?

2. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

I would have thought you had the skills to shortlist a few for your friend of a friend? And then use the budget to get some town planning reports on those shortlisted.

Craig Seddon and Perthguy like this.
  3. Perthguy

I've sent 8 through for interest already ;)

If any are of interest I can do the preliminary DD on those and see where it goes. I was more planning ahead that if I can't identify something suitable then getting a BA involved would be the next step.

Ross Forrester likes this.
  4. ellejay

ellejay Well-Known Member

Try Matthew Hughes at Capital Property Advisory.

Ross Forrester and Perthguy like this.
  5. Perthguy

Thanks @ellejay. I will give him a call tomorrow and see if that is something he would be interested in taking on then pass on his details.

6. Phase2

Phase2 Well-Known Member

649 canning highway in alfred cove has been on the market for ages seeking offers above $899k. It might cost a bit more to get it ready as a surgery though....

Perthguy likes this.
  7. Khash

Khash Member

Hi I know this is an old post but I am looking for a buyers agent for Perth and Matt Hughes name was given and I wonder if you did call him and did you hire him? any feedback you can give is much appreciated. Thanks

8. Perthguy

I didn't call because the potential buyer sourced their own BA. I should find out what happened and report back.

9. Khash

Khash Member

i see, thanks

10. theperthurbanist

theperthurbanist Well-Known Member

*bump*

Any update @Perthguy ? :)

Perthguy likes this.
  11. Perthguy

Remind me tomorrow :)

12. Steve Smith

Steve Smith New Member

Hi I'm from Sydney looking to buy a residential investment in Perth. Any recommendations on a good buyers agent?

13. Perthguy

I think @Colin Rice and @theperthurbanist may have used buyers agents. @Westminster may know who else has used buyers agents.

Otherwise, maybe start your own thread?

14. theperthurbanist

theperthurbanist Well-Known Member

Hi @Steve Smith, I have used(/am using) a couple. Feel free to PM me and I’d be happy to provide details.

15. Steve Smith

Steve Smith New Member

Hi there. I checked out a few (thanks for the tips everyone). @ellejay I didn't go with Matthew Hughes from Capital Property Advisory as I did a google check and he worked for Crawfords (sold all that overpriced mining town stuff) and he was sacked by another Perth buyers agency. So I passed on him. Went with one of the bigger firms. Will let you know how I go.

ellejay likes this.
  16. Ducomatt

Ducomatt Member

Hi @Steve Smith, I’m looking at using a buyers agent here in Perth.
    I’m interested to know how the company you decided to use worked out for you.
    Thanks

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia