Buyers agent for Algester/Parkinson/Calamvale area (Brisbane)

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by fleathedog, 30th Jan, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. fleathedog

fleathedog Well-Known Member

A friend of mine has a budget of $500k, and is looking for her first property as a PPOR. For various reasons (she's very shy, has little confidence in her English etc) she is thinking of using a buyers agent. She's spoken to 2 so far, and been quite underwhelmed. $500k is a bit on the low side for that area, so if she can pick up a $550k~ property for at/under $500k she'll be happy. All things considered, I would not have thought getting a 10% discount to market value would be an unreasonable proposition to put to a professional buyers agent, but the 2 BAs she's spoken to have both basically said that her expectations are unreasonable.

She does plan to speak to more, but in the mean time, can anyone recommend a BA that would be capable of achieving this outcome?

For reference, here are some examples of the sort of place she's after:
    6 Mead Place, Calamvale, Qld 4116
    6 Glenlee Place, Parkinson, Qld 4115
    17 Montana Place, Calamvale, Qld 4116

Thanks mightily!

2. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

Don't think that this is achievable per se

Unrealistic expectations for a steady market unless the ba has an off market listing.

Ta

Rolf

3. fleathedog

Exactly.. Isn't it their business to be able to find off market opportunities, and identify situations where they can negotiate a below market price? This is what they all go on about in their marketing material and on their websites. If they can't, I don't see any value in hiring one.

4. Rolf Latham

Well yes and no.

The buyers agents we work with in that market segment dont promote the below market thing at all............more around real value, convenience, market and location knowledge and ensuring the buyer doesnt end up with a puppy.

Id ask if one can secure a property 50 k below its "real value" what should the BA fee be for your friend ?

25 k 30 k ?

ta
    rolf

Propertunity likes this.
  5. fleathedog

I think by the time you're paying that sort of fee for that sort of discount, you'd be chewing up too much of your deposit for it to be a good ROI.

In any case, I do agree that they can offer value in other ways, especially in terms of risk mitigation (ie avoiding lemons!) Would you care to share the names of those BAs you work with, that you think provide value?

6. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

I won't comment on budget/location but two BA's my clients have had good experiences with are Property Zest and Allen Real Estate.

Cheers

Jamie

7. Rolf Latham

Andrew Allen and team in that location.....

ta
    rolf

fleathedog likes this.