Buyers Agent - Cranbourne

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by RS Gumby, 25th Nov, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. RS Gumby

RS Gumby Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone

I'm liking the look of investing in Cranbourne
    I don't have the time to do a lot of searching so would like your opinions on BA's i should call who work in that area

Cheers

2. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

@JacM and @Jake Milne are both Melbourne BA's, unsure if they work in that area but give them a message

Jake Milne and WattleIdo like this.
  3. MJS1034

MJS1034 Well-Known Member

Hi @duanerek

I'm also thinking about buying an IP in Cranbourne. Although I'm worried short term about the amount of available land in the area I believe in the long term it should do well.

What makes you think Cranbourne will make for a good investment?

4. RS Gumby

I initially wanted to invest in Frankston but I'm too late for my budget ( 300/350k)
    I have a friend who lives in Frankston so I've spent many Saturdays looking around the area with him and Cranbourne West has caught the eye.
    It's pretty close to Frankston and the beach. It's a new area with plenty of infrastructure ie. shopping centres, schools etc.
    It's in the Monash growth corridor which is going to have plenty of money invested in the near future. The travel time into the CBD is around 30 minutes. Margaret Lomas is banging on about the area as well
    There are a lot of young families moving into the area and there is a bit of available land but for a long term investment I reckon it will be ace

MJS1034 likes this.
  5. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

@JacM is very good. You'll be in great hands.

Cheers

Jamie

Lisa Parker likes this.
  6. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

The BAs already mentioned are great and I do recommend them, but for that side of Melbourne @Lisa Parker- Buyers Agent is the person you want to be talking to.

Personally though I think there's a lot better places to invest than Cranbourne. It's a long way from the CBD, badly serviced by transport and there's an abundance of land available. Perhaps consider some parts of Geelong (@JacM is an expert on that side of Melbourne).

7. RS Gumby

Thanks guys but I think JacM just does north and west CBD and Ballarat and Geelong.

She would be good though

8. JacM

JacM VIC Buyer's Agent - Melbourne, Geelong, Ballarat Business Member

Thanks folks, indeed, I cover the northern and western wedges of Melbourne, and also Geelong and Ballarat. Can't help with Cranbourne I'm afraid. Can't be everywhere at once and the traffic over that way would kill me ! :eek:

WattleIdo likes this.
  9. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Lisa Parker 'seems' pretty nice - I often agree with stuff she posts. Who knows?
    I'm not affiliated in any way - just butting in because I have a property in Franga.

Lisa Parker likes this.
  10. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Also check out REBAA members in Melbourne. Happy hunting!
    Members - REBAA

11. RS Gumby

Peter
    Do you think the entry point for investing in Cranbourne will be the same in a couple of years due to the land availability?

12. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

Prices will likely increase simply because it's affordable, but not based on fundamentals such as limited supply, good schools, facilities, etc. That also means that whilst there will times in these areas where there's good growth, they're also prone to significant drops in value from time to time. I've seen this behavior in Cranbourne over several cycles in the past.

Overall I don't think it's such a bad place, but I think there's better places to invest.

13. RS Gumby

Parts of Adelaide Perhaps?

14. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Don't give your power away to some random on a property forum. Keep doing your on the ground research including Adelaide and Brisbane.
    Frankston and Cranbourne are good areas but they have to be right for you. Of course, if someone is a BA in another area they will prefer that area and if someone has property on the other side of the harbour, they will say it's better.
    Who is making the money atm? That's what you need to look at.
    Are there good schools? Yes
    Is there infrastructure? Yes
    Is there more and more going on in that area? Yes
    But it has to work for You.

RS Gumby likes this.