Buyer agent Launceston

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Christian77, 4th Jul, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Christian77

Christian77 Active Member

Hi everyone, do you know of a good buyer agent in Launceston that can help me to buy a property? Thanks

Bryan Loughnan likes this.
  2. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

Christian77 likes this.
  3. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

4. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

+ 2 for Rob. Been in the business for years and knows his stuff. Good luck.

5. Tony66

Tony66 Well-Known Member

Hi Christian, did you go ahead with your plan?

6. Angela Carpenter

Angela Carpenter New Member

Hi just wondering if anyone has any knowledge of Alex Robinson as a buyers agent? I have contacted Rob and not heard back.

Any others you can suggest in Launceston? We are moving from Northern NSW to Launceston in a few months and under the pump to find a place

Many thanks,

Angela

7. Zenith Chaos

Zenith Chaos Well-Known Member

Links above are not working. Any recommendations for a buyer's agent in Tasmania and specifically Launceston region?

8. SoloMum

SoloMum Well-Known Member

I don’t know of a BA in Launceston, but I have made my views on the need for a properly independent one known to the local Development Corporation.

I live in Launceston and am happy to discuss suburbs. Also there’s quite a few people offloading their dud properties here at the moment (eg under power lines) to mainlanders willing to buy without inspecting.

One of the things I was told before I bought was to make sure your house is above the “fog line” (seriously excellent advice), a good sunny aspect makes an enormous difference especially in winter and avoid low lying areas both for flood risk and also because the wood fire smoke just sits there in winter.

It’s a hot market but not as hot as Hobart at the moment. Desirable entry level Hobart houses are reguarly selling for in excess of $100k over the asking price, that’s not quite the case in LST

HTW property clock says LST is at it’s peak but I think it has a bit more steam in it

Zenith Chaos likes this.
  9. Zenith Chaos

Thanks @SoloMum. Great advice about flood, fog, smoke lines. I will search for resources. I wanted to come and look at property but it is difficult at the moment.

I visited the region a while back and saw great value.

Oakdencat likes this.
  10. SoloMum

SoloMum Well-Known Member

I still think it is good value for what it is. It will depend on what your budget is and what you want to do.

Other things to keep in mind are that it is a marginal seat, there is a really broad demographic spread living there.. this also has implications for the sorts of property you might want as an investment.

Things on my radar of “opportunities” (depends on your budget/plan).

St Leonards blocks that can be developed in line with the longer term strategic plan, I also like proper houses on decent sized blocks of land in Prospect / Summer Hill/ Kings Meadows / Youngtown with value-add potential (cosmetic renovations?)

East Launceston is very desirable, and there are lots of healthcare professionals who want to rent in that area. Prices are reflective of the suburb profile.

I also think Perth, Longford, Hagley, Westbury are also great, solid towns and in very easy commuting distance (15-20 mins from the centre of Launceston)

Good luck, like all places some agents are more trustworthy than others, so do your due diligence!!

Zenith Chaos likes this.
  11. dunno

dunno Well-Known Member

You looking for an investment or to move?

Zenith Chaos likes this.
  12. Zenith Chaos

Investment.

13. dunno

dunno Well-Known Member

I own a house in Launceston - family home town. IMO there is only 1 good street with northerly perspective over the city and river.;)

But more seriously I'm happy to give two bobs worth on area though I've never bought an investment property in my life.

Sorta think the local economy doesn't justify current market down here. Can't see the local economy providing too much rent escalation so the investment case would have to rest on house prices continuing to rise. Maybe Tassie is going to get gentrified by outside money, and relative valuation to melbourne/sydney suburban *******es can keep the prices rising.

What is your investment thesis for Launie?

Zenith Chaos likes this.
  14. Zenith Chaos

Whilst on the Tasmanian holiday starting at Launceston and finishing in Hobart, the Tamar Valley wine region was one place that stood out for me, and the property (west Tamar up to Beauty Point) appeared undervalued based on proximity to Launnie, river, wine, and beach. Reasonably yielding houses on large blocks of land with the opportunity to improve make it lower risk. Airbnb could be an option down the road. Any migration to Launceston from the mainland will spill Launnie residents into these areas.

There may be a bit of heart over head in the analysis.

dunno likes this.
  15. dunno

dunno Well-Known Member

Heart over head probably sums up Tassie well. Tourism and tacking onto that is probably the only hope for the economy. Even world best environmental aquaculture gets NIMBY'd down here. Politicians of which we are over endowed with for our size are probably less competent than a mainland city council but then the population is less than some mainland local government areas.

Seen a lot of interstate migrants find Tassie small and backwards after novelty wears off and return to the mainland, especially those not used to the winters. Maybe this time it will be different and the new comers will shape economy into something more vibrant.

Zenith Chaos likes this.
  16. Zenith Chaos

You are a wise man. Possibly the wisest on this forum. Thank you.

17. See Change

Every thing goes up .

when we first looked at Launceston in the early 2000’s I can remember places in Ravenswood were for sale in the $20,000’s .

Any one who knows launnie , knows ravo in the bottom of the barrel but now those places are selling in the 200,000’s ….

so you can make money at any level

we bought two properties , one in south Launceston and one in West Launceston around five years ago . Both houses split into 3 units so good cash flow . Up around 50-60 % since then . Long term holds

cliff

Zenith Chaos likes this.
  18. dunno

dunno Well-Known Member

I can't imagine rents have increased any faster in (east) Ravo than welfare benefits have, what do you think the other components of the capital increase have been? are they repeatable?

Last edited: 15th Jul, 2021
    Zenith Chaos likes this.
  19. See Change

I’ll be surprised if ravo his 2 mill in 20 years .

I think it was undervalued at the time . Tassie wasn’t really on the average investors map and Launceston even less so .

I remember seeing one of those large houses on somewhere like Talbot close to the centre , split into several units in the 200’s .

A couple of members bought a street at the same time

cliff

Zenith Chaos likes this.
  20. Patrico1966

Patrico1966 Well-Known Member

There are some nice properties up there in Lonny, buyer beware with a few suburbs as indicated in a couple of posts. I like west, East and a bit of south Lonny- easy to catch a bus into the city mainly good size blocks. It is not as lively as Hobart of course Hobart rental market is flying. I am always wary of buying on hillsides for some reason..though...lol

Zenith Chaos likes this.

PFI provide our clients with the opportunity to purchase an investment property, together with performing equity investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities some providing monthly income. This is the value of advice.