Businesses you can't lose

Discussion in 'Starting & Running a Business' started by Darlinghurst Boy, 24th Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Chilliblue

Chilliblue Well-Known Member

Lets do it @datto. My commercial abilities and your local knowledge should make a winning team.

2. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

I know a lady that has owned 2 lic in inner brisbane for a long time,and depending on the location for lunch-time business men,that business model is not as it was the internet sites
    will and still will take a massive amount from those outlets,and sometimes for free,and they have been trying to sell one for a long time..

3. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

A brothel is the sort of business that you could lose your shirt over

158 likes this.
  4. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

I have a friend looking to buy one, part of his lengthy DD he asked me to go an sit out the front and watch and count the number of people who came in and out in an hour over a few different times/days, it was amazing the traffic coming in and out of the place, almost like watch a busy service station..!

5. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

I've no first hand experience in either, but from a male perspective I imagine there are pros & cons of bothels vs using apps to obtain the implied services.

Borthels...
    Pros:
    * Almost 100% guarantee of delivery of service.
    * High likelyhood of good quality service.
    * Large variety of services available and can easily be negotiated upfront.
    * No extended warrenty required.
    Cons:
    * Price premium.

Tinder, Grindr & similar apps...
    Pros:
    * Probably very cost effective if used well.
    Cons:
    * No guarantee of any service at all.
    * Quality of service varies.
    * True cost of service varies with no way upfront of knowing what the cost will be.
    * Range of services varies with no way upfront of knowing what's actually available.
    * Potentially has very sigificant costs long after execution of the transaction.

From a purely transactional perspective, brothels make a lot of economic sense for the consumer.

From a business perpective, there's likely significant overheads, staffing challenges regulatory problems to overcome. Probably the greater competition is coming from digital marketing of sole traders whose challenges in these areas probably aren't quite as significant.

Last edited: 19th Jan, 2016
  6. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Were they providing on the job training?

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia