Business email management

Discussion in 'Starting & Running a Business' started by twobobsworth, 11th Dec, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. twobobsworth

twobobsworth Well-Known Member

What does everyone use for their email management?

We are still using Outlook and want to move all to a browser based service where each team member can access the same inboxes, or their own.

I'm not a huge fan of gmail.

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

3. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

I have a Office 365 subscription and find Outlook convenient and it allows you to add any mailbox eg google, hotmail etc to it BUT its desktop and the app are nothing alike . The app totally sucks. No stars. You cant print (to PDF), cant save, cant save attachments !! and its swipe features are just stupid (easy to delete a thread!!) ....Its just terrible. If Outlook was something you paid for nobody would use it. The desktop is fine but the app was written by a kid in year four as a class project for the next day at school.

We use Outlook for work (Office 365) and its highly portable with your microsoft login. If planning a enterprise level then have your IT establish and maintain licensing as a group. This then gives you full software installs on login. And multiple copies. We have local and cloud server based access and they sych seamlessly.

My wife's work uses Gmail as Simon said...They have googledocs etc. Both Gmail and Outlook have good enterprise sharing settings which an adminsitrator may need to manage.

4. Tony3008

Tony3008 Well-Known Member

I've used FastMail Fastmail: email on your side since 2008 and am more than happy. It's web-based so I can access my email off PC, phone or iPad and handles mail from my several business domains and personal one. Yes, it costs, but given that email is critical to me I don't begrudge paying for a service that delivers just what I need.