QLD Burleigh Head, Palm Beach, Coolangatta?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by fumid, 14th Aug, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. josh123

josh123 Well-Known Member

MissMel likes this.
  2. MissMel

MissMel Well-Known Member

I know! Very impressive. Wonder how much profit that amounted to. I'm sure it was a huge help having family members in the building business too.

josh123 likes this.
  3. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

Better, depends how many in the complex and the facilities/costs. Can't beat a house if you can afford it. Duplex would be best after a house.

4. big max

big max Well-Known Member

Not much room for capital above the average due to lack of development potential. I would be looking for an older but still rentable freestanding house on land that had long term development potential. Older duplex also good if you own both and control the underlying land.

5. fumid

fumid Well-Known Member

the main thought is that rental yield will be better for TH, so won't be too much negative gear, new duplex price close to old house.

6. fumid

fumid Well-Known Member

That's true just less negative gear, hard to have everything, either a townhouse close to beach with good rent, or a house further from the beach with potential, duplex there is in the between.

7. fumid

fumid Well-Known Member

if the townhouse/villa have good size yard, some they build on 300sq land, is it possible for developer to buy the block?

8. big max

Not that likely unless they bought the block next door and amalgamated. On the Gold Coast developers prefer blocks at 405sqm or bigger.

9. fumid

fumid Well-Known Member

yes, I mean if there's only 3 townhouse or unit there, can developer can buy all 3 (if they can) for develop?

10. big max

Yes. They can do that. Provided of course all owners are willing to sell. The reason I buy entire duplexes is that then I own both and can sell to developer at any time (or develop myself).

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia