Bunnings v Masters

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by jins13, 20th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Sounds like my local Bunnings. :p

2. joel

joel Well-Known Member

Maybe Perth and Adelaide are opposites! Every Bunnings employee has been pretty helpful for me. I don't mind Stratco either, they had some good prices there.

3. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

You could be onto something. In Perth, the Masters staff are very knowledgeable and helpful. Bunnings staff are generally fairly useless (well, at least at my local). I don't have a local Stratco but my dad in Adelaide buys a lot there.

4. Brian84

Brian84 Well-Known Member

I heard masters was going under as well. They will take a big loss as there would be a lot of money invested in those stores.

5. beachgurl

beachgurl Well-Known Member

Masters in Northmead is one of their smallest stores. There seemed to be not a lot of anything there. I'd still be driving that bit further to Seven Hills Bunnings for quadruple size and stock options.

More importantly, there's no coffee shop or playground in most Masters. So on the weekend we have around 15mins to get what we need before the whinging and tantrums start. Off to Bunnings where our daughter gets her face painted and enjoys the craft, our son plays in the playground and I get a coffee and read the paper while the other half spends ages perusing the shelves and always spends money even when he doesn't need anything.

6. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

That's great to know for future reference. I think due to few customers being there and the new look feeling, I got deceived.

That's another reason why I like going to Ikea because of all the different activities and option to grab a cheap feed and coffee.

7. Perky29

Perky29 Well-Known Member

The one thing that Masters has over Bunnings is the Garden section. You can park the car right outside it, not like the Castle Hill Bunnings which has lifs / escalators.

8. Kael

Kael Well-Known Member

Not the best Bunnings, that's for sure.

I know someone who works for Bunnings. Their Bella Vista store was their highest sale store in the hills/hawkesbury/blacktown region. Then Woolies went into Masters. Rumour has it that Woolies didn't renew the Bella Vista Bunning's lease agreement because of going into Masters, and that's why Bunnings rushed to get Castle Hill done. :p

9. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I know Masters has airconditioning (at least the Chullora store does) but the Bunnings at Greenacre doesn't.

10. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

depends what your looking for, i find masters items look a better quality. whether they are or not who knows.
    i shop at both depending what i want.

one thing, masters has a way better website to search for items. albeit they both can improve quite a bit in that area.

11. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

I like Masters for the pretty things - I got lighting from there for $100 each where the identical product in Beacon was $170. Got some good tapware too. But I like Bunnings for paint.

12. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I was interested to see on the telly ad the other day that Masters stock Sherwin and Williams paints. This opens up another 3849353053458934 set of greys and whites :)

[​IMG]

WattleIdo and Jess Peletier like this.
  13. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

I have Masters and Bunnings here in Rouse Hill. Convenient to have them both in my suburb. When masters opened, it was strange and like walking into a parallel universe. A tidy hardware store is unusual.

14. SeafordSunshine

SeafordSunshine Well-Known Member

Bought and 'exclusive' towel rail from Masters $180, now I find Harvey Norman has it for $130....:(

15. Chilliblue

Chilliblue Well-Known Member

Facebook your disappointment and see what they say as you purchased an item that was not as advertised.

16. Foxy Moron

Foxy Moron Well-Known Member

One vote for Masters here.
    When they opened in our town 2 years ago I got them to do a full install of our PPOR kitchen, including all appliances at 20% off. To top it off got virtually the whole lot two years interest free with Woolworths Money. Absolute bespoke quality. Ended up selling the house 18 months later (and then cleared the debt) so they basically financed this entire element of our lifestyle / development throughout that period! Don't know if they still offer this as I think the offer was only available in first three months as an opening special.

WattleIdo likes this.
  17. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Is that paint ok? They do have some attractive hues.
    Took the dogs into Bunnings today.

18. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

It's a massive name brand in the USA. Their 2 biggest are Sherwin & Williams and Benjamin Moore. I would assume it would be like Taubmans/Dulux

WattleIdo likes this.