Food & Dining Bulletproof or butter coffee / tea / cocoa

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Simon Hampel, 5th Sep, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

More Energy :D

Player likes this.
  2. mikey7

mikey7 Well-Known Member

What.The.F. LOL

"I've been learning German every morning, cuz this thing keeps me so sharp"

3. mikey7

mikey7 Well-Known Member

Any chance of trying to describe how this 'feels' in terms of nootropics, and what effect you get?

I've tried a few different nootropics (pramiracetam was the latest one), and to be honest, I don't really 'feel' anything..

I'd like to find something that helps brain power. I tend to get 'brain fog' now and then, and I hate that.

4. 2seaornot2sea

2seaornot2sea Member

I used to think the same thing. Heard about bulletproof coffee (just the actual brand of coffee) maybe 4 or 5 years ago, bought it, tasted it and thought it was stupidly overpriced and that he was just using his brand to jack up the price.

Now, the more I've listened to his podcast and read his books I'm almost a devout "Bulletproof" supporter for the following reasons:

1. The dude was rich AF before he started bulletproof, and he lives on an organic farm on Vancouver Island, so I don't really see the operation as a money making exercise.

2 . He is committed to the whole "biohacking" thing waaaaay more heavily than what he pushes to customers. The dude has the equivalent of a jet cockpit on his property that he uses to exercise his cells with cyclic pressure change. I genuinely believe now that his company is based on a desire to help people perform at their peak rather than profit making. Obviously though the more profit he makes, the more R&D he can do and the more he can spread his message, so I don't expect him to be giving it all away for free any time soon.

I have no vested interest in changing your mind on this, just dropping in my 2c

5. 2seaornot2sea

2seaornot2sea Member

I've found with "Nootropics" it's very hard to self-assess how you feel because the way your brain is operating has changed and I guess your brain assumes its the new normal. Probably the same reason you can't self-assess how drunk you are until you see yourself in the mirror when you go for a ****.

Where I really noticed the effectiveness of Brain Octane as opposed to MCT (even the bulletproof branded one) was at work. I work long stints as sea so have a routine that's almost identical day after day (So all variables were taken away). About halfway through a 3-week stint, I rain out of MCT so started using my new bottle of brain octane I'd brought out to try. It probably wasn't until maybe two days in, a few hours into a shift after drinking my bulletproof coffee that I realised I'd been on fire for the last hour or so. I just felt full of energy and just an overall sense that no task was too hard.

It's hard to explain but I think that the best to try and assess these things is in retrospect.

6. Simon_S

Simon_S Well-Known Member

I suggest you investigate Dr Ray Peat.

As for the Fat I would look to Coconut oil as the the Benefits are Vast.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia