Built in Wardrobe

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Darlinghurst Boy, 15th Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Darlinghurst Boy

Darlinghurst Boy Well-Known Member

i like to have a built in wardrobe put into a Sydney City IP.
    I did ring two Wardrobe Companies who were more concerned about where they would park in the City than my wardrobe.

I have come across Gumtree, im wondering if its a big job to build a wardrobe, i may be able to get a handyman from there and pay cash.

I have enclosed a picture of the area and now i have a Ikea wardrobe there.

Attached Files:

2. Darlinghurst Boy

Darlinghurst Boy Well-Known Member

Im thinking of some drawers in the bottom and the top where you hang your clothes?
    Would that be easier for someone to build ?
    Hopefully it will be under $1500 ?
    Hopefully i can find a tradesman who can do it on the side from his job and pay cash , but i have no experience so will it be easy yo build.

I just want him to take out this wardobe and build it onto the walls next go it and put in drawers and a glass sliding mirror door .

3. MIZBUF

MIZBUF Active Member

Hello D B I am about to change my wardrobe doors in my own house. I have 2 mirrored sliding doors & the metal framework which I expect can be adjusted to fit another space- edges are in pale cream metal. You are quite welcome to have them at no cost- You would need someone to dismantle& remove to your own home- prob need 2 chaps to carry downstairs-This might suit you if you can get a handyman to install . Might save you some $$'s I am close to City- just across the Bridge at North Sydney/ Kirribilli. All the Best. Will send you dimensions of doors if UR interested. Just have my grandson sleeping in my bedroom ATM

Handyandy likes this.
  4. MIZBUF

MIZBUF Active Member

I can't tell by the pic if U want to have the wardrobe to incorporate those drawers etc next to that little free standing wardrobe. If the new finished wardrobe is only going to be the size of that existing little wardrobe then my doors would be too big for that space.

5. Handyandy

Handyandy Well-Known Member

The size of the doors is very relevant. The height can be less than the room height. If it is more than you would need to cut down the aluminum frame and mirrors - a skilled job. Also due to the size of the doors they are difficult to transport.

Cheers

6. Cia

Cia Well-Known Member

I have a company that does exactly that style of wardrobe for under $1000. I'll DM you.