Building Reports

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Beano, 16th Nov, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Beano

Beano Well-Known Member

Interesting article on P 4 Sydney Morning Herald today ...prospective buyer turned down the existing pest and building report supplied by the real estate agent.
    She commissioned her own and discovered the building has subsided ...building sold for $3.5m
    How often have you commissioned your own report at your own expense rather than relying on a free one ?

2. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

Almost always we commission our own unless the vendor supplied one is done by one of our preferred P&B inspectors.

alexm likes this.
  3. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

My first PPoR had a timber framed roof in a known termite area. I paid for a building report that found no issues. I think I had the property for ~10 years and had no problems with it.

The next 3 properties were all to be demolished and the sites developed so I just did a visual inspection, no builder report. Of course I didn't get around to develop any of them but they were all going strong last I checked. No issues. I am not sorry I didn't shell out for a building report to find there was nothing wrong with the properties.

4. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Always organise my own inspection unless planning to demolish home

Perthguy likes this.
  5. Sharpy

Sharpy Active Member

How much does a building report cost these days in NSW?