Building report came back

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Beachman, 3rd Jun, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Beachman

Beachman Well-Known Member

Hi guys just bought a place, subject to: structurally sound, and gas plumbing electrical being in sound order too. Here are the issues reported back that I want to go back to vendor with:

-Pipes in shower leaking and causing wall damage in bathroom and adjacent bedroom

-Gutters blocked as consequence clear damage to eaves

- downpipes themselves corroded/holes

- fence rotting in areas consequence of sprinkler system

Am i being reasonable saying all these are related to plumbing clause and need to be rectified or at least negotiated?

Have not.listed minor items like general settlement cracking etc. Not trying to be a pain either.

Would.you all agree those listed above are for vendor to address?

Any advice would be a BIG help

2. mikey7

mikey7 Well-Known Member

See of u can get a quote for it all to be fixed and then negotiate. Either they fix it all (will it be done properly?), or you use the negotiated funds to get it done yourself when settled.

The only one I reckon that falls under your plumbing clause is the leaking shower pipe.

wylie likes this.
  3. Beachman

Thanks that's the main thing- so you think gutters pipes etc not plumbing?

4. Inov8ive

Inov8ive Well-Known Member

Not necessarily for the vendor to fix. Depends on the price point for the property, is it still value at its current price? If not, work out how much you want off the price and put the new offer forward.

wylie and Sackie like this.
  5. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Agree with above poster, determine if the deal is still good and if so investigate roughly how much it will cost to address and submit new number . Stay emotionally void with the process. Also i like to add 5% to the final number I think repairs will cost.

There are deals everywhere, don't settle for mediocre cos then your stick with it for a very long time.

Also negotiating wise your in a strong position now. At this point most vendors have committed psychologically and emotionally.

my 2 cents.

6. Beachman

This all makes sense, but we have unconditional offer subject to rectifying required faults - not sure why is cover a vendor expense just because the price is OK.... Thanks again, any further thought welcome

7. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how you can have an unconditional offer with a subject to clause.

8. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

Estimate who much it's going to fix, double it (for a sponge factor and a holiday to somewhere warm for a few days), and deduct it from the sell price, and offer that (subject to any other gremlins...)