Building over a sewer line - Picnic Point, Sydney, NSW Australia

Discussion in 'Development' started by Michael2176, 7th Oct, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Michael2176

Michael2176 New Member

Hi All,

Re: SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA - Picnic Point

Hoping you can help.

I am interested in purchasing a property where i intent to knock down the existing home and build a large double story 5 bed home with pool etc

The block is flat and square with no trees with an old house and is in a great neighbourhood and street. It ticks a lot of boxes however there is a sewer pipe running through the property. I have spoken to multiple plumbing civil contractors who have looked up the address and advised it can be built on top of as long as it is concrete encased. This would cost between 15-30k which I am fine with.

The 150mm sewer pipe is approximately half way and runs horizontally across the block and 1200mm deep.

The type of building i am going for would be quite large and tall(double story) and would be placed on top of the sewer almost completely.

I am not a construction type person so any advice or reassurance would be greatly appreciated.

Can I build a double story home on this block with out too many issues? Is there anything else i should be considering ?

I am keen to purchase this property however i do not want to make sure I am making a mistake and realise after I have purchased the property i can not do what I first intended.

Any further questions please let me know.

Regards

Michael

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia