Building Insurance

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Phill74, 19th Apr, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Phill74

Phill74 Well-Known Member

Who do people use for building insurance or would recommend for both PPoR and IPs ?

Currently I'm with NRMA for PPoR and 1 IP in QLD (and RACV for IP in VIC). PPoR is currently up for renewal. Following the death of my father last year (who had been with NRMA for over 40 years) NRMA have slashed the loyalty discounts resulting in large increases to the cost of the policies.

So considering alternatives. PIP have been recommended (who I have landlord insurance with in NSW & QLD) but looking for seasoned investors views.

2. Onyx_OCAU

Onyx_OCAU Well-Known Member

I've usually gone with HSBC, as it's the bank that's loaning the funds for the properties. They're reselling Allianz insurance products, but somehow are offering it to me cheaper than if I go to Allianz direct.

I've had 1 claim in a decade, they paid out didn't make a fuss it was pretty hassle free.

I recently switched to QBE. Due to Covid times all insurance products seemed to have jumped 40+% for me. I had obtained quotes about 5 months ago, from all the major insurers, and QBE offerred a price competitive product. No experience yet with making a claim, but customer service is Australian based and they seem polite and friendly enough...