Building insurance similar to body corp? is this correct?

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Seal, 25th May, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Seal

Seal Well-Known Member

i have a townhouse and pay $1900 pa body corp.

i was leaning towards going to buy a house as next IP. QLD 20kms out. I just did a quick quote on Terri Sheer and the buidling insurance came up as $1076.

in part i was steering away from townhouses (b/c can get increase supply quickly), and also body corp. But the body corp seems similar to building insurance. Is this right?

2. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

You need to get a copy of any insurance policy taken out by the body corporate and read what is covered. This way you can make a true comparison. Terms and conditions and what is actually covered can vary widely.
    Marg

3. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

No, not at all similar, but the Body corporate fees will include building insurance, the fees pay for many things and also will include funds to be put away for ongoing expected maintenance among other things, like common area lighting etc etc

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia