QLD Building Insurance Recommendation for Rockhampton / Gracemere

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by alanyin, 8th Dec, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. alanyin

alanyin Well-Known Member

Any recommendation for Building Insurance providers in Rockhampton area (in particular, Gracemere 4702)? The property was not in a flood zone (1%AEP or extreme event flood map).

Discovered this morning that I don't have many options when I was trying to get an insurance quote for a new IP purchase that not many companies offer building insurance. Many of them have put certain areas / postcodes of Rockhampton on an embargo.

I have tried the following insurance companies and has no luck (there are a few others with bad reps I just couldn't be bothered calling):

- Comminsure
    - Suncorp (the current owner was with Suncorp but they wouldn't let me get a quote... weird)
    - Terri Scheer
    - Woolies
    - AAMI

The only provider I have found so far is YOUI. Their premium seems reasonable ($1477 per annum for $1000 excess on $200k rebuild + $40k demolition). However I would normally get a couple more quotes from other providers.

Does anyone know of a reputable building insurance provider that would cover Rockhampton / Gracemere area?

2. Miss_D

Miss_D Well-Known Member

Hi Alanyin,
    I just got Terri Scheer insurance for 4702, Make sure you use the post code of 4702 because 4700 and 4701 got hit badly with the hail storm about 18 months ago!.

4702 not so much!

alanyin likes this.
  3. Miss_D

Miss_D Well-Known Member

Wow!!! I must of just scraped in!!! I just tried again, no luck! wow!

alanyin likes this.
  4. Ryoka

Ryoka Well-Known Member

I just settled a property in postcode 4702 and insurance was ~$1400 with terri scheer.....I'm so annoyed because 3 weeks ago when i checked the insurance was $1000.....the rain/floods in the last 3 weeks bumped the insurance up $400!

alanyin likes this.
  5. wilso8948

wilso8948 Well-Known Member

Sure Insurance

alanyin and Ariyahn2011 like this.
  6. Ariyahn2011

Ariyahn2011 Well-Known Member

What Wilso said, Sure Insurance. They quote on house as opposed to postcode.

wilso8948 and alanyin like this.