Building granny flat in bushfire prone area

Discussion in 'Granny Flats' started by Jakir Hossain, 29th May, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jakir Hossain

Jakir Hossain Member

Hello property experts
    Recently I have been asked by a bushfire consultant to get a letter from office of strategic land/DPIE as they own and maintain a land which is adjacent at the back of my property. They basically cut grass every month. My land is in bushfire prone area. Bushfire consultant ask me to get a letter from the department where they need to write that the will do the ground maintenance in perpetuity. I contacted them a few times. They wrote me that they own and manage the land but they cannot write that they will manage in perpetuity which is not acceptable by Rural Fire Service. I have detailed property Survey report and preliminary design. My nextdoor neighbour built granny using the same bushfire consultant. So I thought it would be a easy process. But now he is saying something changed since then. Does anyone have any suggestion for me?

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Build in Fire Resistant Construction & don't go down the CDC pathway.

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.