building a pergola

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Allgood, 26th May, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Allgood

Allgood Well-Known Member

Hey all,
    2 years on... almost to the day! And I'm back to planning my pergola project. (I decided to shelve it while I completed other projects. I thought I'd run it past you guys just before I put an order in to double check everything. Everything will be hardwood.

Here's where we're at with my planning so far. Deck size is 4 x 5.4m using trusses with a 4m span.

- Posts 150 x 150
    - Beams 250 x 50 @ 5.4 metres long with a centre post.
    - trusses 90 x 45 (4m span) I was going to do 1200 centres, unless you think I should bring it back?
    - battens 75 x 38.

I haven't worked out the spacings for the bearers and joists yet. I'm thinking of running the bearers along the 5.4 length and then laying joists on top. The picture below does it differentl though, although it looks a heck of a long span without a post underneath.

Any feedback would be fantastic :)

[​IMG]

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia