Builder recommendations for Duplex in Glen Eira Council zone

Discussion in 'Development' started by ohlewis, 11th Oct, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. ohlewis

ohlewis Member

Hi there,
    First time poster, first time developer here.

We've got a block of land in East Bentleigh that's 719sqm, with a 15.7m frontage and a pretty standard rectangular lot, subject to no overlays and in a Neighbourhood Residential Zone.

Looking to build a duplex (side by side) of two 4br dwellings (approx. 350m2 per lot, 170 sqm gross floor area per townhouse).

The construction methodology for this project I'd expect to be the conventional with masonry veneer to the lower level and lightweight materials the upper level.

In summary it's a big site, faces north and is well located.

I'm in need of some builder recommendations, whether to look at volume build (Metricon/Carter Grange etc) or go for more boutique up and comers e.g. Hallbury Homes, Latitude etc.

No idea on budget either, would like an indication from those who have done this previously as to what we can expect. We aren't looking to go base budget build but don't want to go too lavish.

Would $400k - $500k per townhouse get a decent job done?

I doubt this includes landscaping but ideal if so.

I'm going into this with my mother, she is going to own one townhouse whilst my wife and I will own the other. We might look to upspec ours slightly whilst mum is happy to look at a fairly standard build.

Appreciate feedback.

2. is_don_is_good

is_don_is_good Well-Known Member

Projects | Omnicon

Omnicon can help you out. Plenty of projects in that council and the guys live in the council area as well.

ohlewis likes this.
  3. ohlewis

ohlewis Member

Thankyou!

4. Hamish Blair

Hamish Blair Well-Known Member

Costas Constructions in Burwood East might help too. Your budget should get a great job including landscaping.

ohlewis likes this.
  5. foureyedbear

foureyedbear New Member

Hi there,

Just wondering who did you end up building with? We're in the same situation as well, and I'm wondering if you could please share your experience :)

croseks likes this.

Price Accounting provide tax services and advice to developers on issues incl GST, Tax + Structure. Our free developer toolkit covers many of the key elements and is critical to a new development tax plan. Email for your copy and our new client pack.