Build in the back before the title issued

Discussion in 'Development' started by Geothite, 25th Feb, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Geothite

Geothite New Member

Hi All,

I am subdividing my lot in Victoria Park area, Perth. The existing home sits in the front and two more strata lots will be created in the back, plan is to build another two villas in the back.

I have got pre-approval from WAPC, and am working on new power dome. And I only found it out yesterday that Council of Victoria Park needs CP driveway done for the WAPC clearance, which is a bit upset coz the construction vehicles could easily ruin it later during the building process.

So I am thinking about building the two villas first then apply for the WAPC clearance for the titles. What's your opinions if cash flow is not a problem? Will I save much on site work? Is it risky if titles couldn't be issued after houses are up? And What site work need to be done before getting the builder involved?

Thanks for reading and I would really appreciate your opinions.

Perthguy likes this.
  2. JohnPropChat

JohnPropChat Well-Known Member

Built strata followed by conversion to survey-strata (if required)

Which suburb in Vic Park council if you don't mind me asking?

Geothite likes this.
  3. Geothite

Geothite New Member

Im in Carlisle.
    Do i need to apply for built strata title with the council or the builder can so it together with the build permit?

4. zac101

zac101 Well-Known Member

Usually they let you deposit a bond for driveway. Check with them if it is possible.

Geothite and Perthguy like this.
  5. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

They already have WAPC preliminary approval for survey strata, so a built strata is not required in this instance.

Geothite likes this.
  6. Perthguy

There are two ways to clear this condition.

1) build the driveway

2) pay a bond to local government

I don't know if Vic Park will clear the condition if you pay a bond. You will have to ask them.

Option 2 is to lodge a D.A. for three grouped dwellings (2 additional). Once you have your D.A. approval you can build your 2 vilas out the back then go to title with WAPC to create the lots.

You just have to make sure your surveyor pegs out the site properly so thay buildings don't get built across boundaries. Other than that there are no issues that I know of.

I have done a build behind an existing house in City of Belmont (next door to Vic Park) so I picked up a thing or two about the process along the way.

Geothite likes this.
  7. Perthguy

I forgot you have 3? years to go to title from approval so you need to make sure you lodge your survey strata plan and form 1c with WAPC prior to expiry. I understand they are very strict about it.

Geothite likes this.