Build costs

Discussion in 'Development' started by Silverson, 29th Jul, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Aaron G

Aaron G Member

I am actually an agent in Northcote and can recommend a few great local builders that have done work around Northcote/Thornbury/Preston if that helps. Let me know.

2. Silverson

Silverson Well-Known Member

Sure mate, feel free to pm me, thank in advance

3. Adam Baker

Adam Baker New Member

Iā€™d love some se builders too if possible!?

4. BuyersAgent

BuyersAgent Well-Known Member Business Member

Just reviving this thread - what build cost (per sqm) estimates are out there nowadays? I know about Rawlinsons but I don't have the book. I know about Cordell but you have to pay per report. Any free options out there for general estimations? Just wanting generic at this stage.

5. frank22

frank22 Well-Known Member

Boom in Victoria ? What Boom ,Apaetment construction down 18%
    Slowest GDP in 10 years ,House prices up 1.6% in August but that can't be sustained

6. Ricky Ng

Ricky Ng Active Member

I am located in Sydney so rates may be a little different. I know the tier 1 project builders are about the $1500-1650/sqm mark. The tier 2 & 3 can range $1200-1400sqm mark. I am aware some cheap and nasty ones can be as low as $1000-1100/sqm.

These rates generally include the erection of the dwelling assuming basic site costs, no driveway or landscaping and vacant land. By the time you add upgraded inclusions and all the bits and pieces on for a turn key, its not uncommon for these rates to increase another 200-400/sqm.

Custom homes are generally 2k+/sqm but most are turn key and with much better inclusions than what project builders offer. Often located in brownfield areas too so site costs or reports may be more than usual. If designed correctly and comparing apples with apples, I reckon custom home rates can be similar to project home rates.

Sackie and BuyersAgent like this.
  7. Mohammad Iqbal

Mohammad Iqbal New Member

Hi Sash

Is that as an owner builder or with an external builder. I'm looking to do a 5 townhouse development with each townhouse only being 14 squares (4 bedroom/2 bathroom) in western Sydney.

It would be good to know who to talk to regarding builders.

Price Accounting are a leading tax service for your property + tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI for property focussed tax services using our client portal access, digital signing and checklist based approach for best pricing. Free client pack included.