Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community

Budget tracker for a Development

Discussion in 'Development' started by kvellimalai, 30th Sep, 2016.

1. kvellimalai

kvellimalai Active Member

Hi All
    I am planning to do a Granny flat development and would like to record all outgoing and incoming with details.
    Is there a spreadsheet or template available. I am preparing one and looking for something better.
    I am sure many of you will be having..

Regards
    Velli

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Generally set up as:

Front page: 3 columns - trade summary: budget, committed cost, over/under budget
    Next pages: elemental trade breakups, trade contract value + variations = committed cost

samiam, melbourne171 and LifesGood like this.
  3. Danielle

Danielle Member

Hi Velli,
    Probably best to have a look on google, depending on what you are after there is no granny flat templates but you could simple use a template for building a house and modify to suit you, just google "building house project template" and look through the images and a whole range of options become available.

Depends on what information it is you want to capture and also how you are building the granny flat etc, personally I would make the spreadsheet myself so it suits exactly what I'm after (but im an excel nerd!) however there are a whole range of things you could capture for example, planned cost, actual cost, savings, start and end date, contractor details etc etc and I don't know which of these is important to you.

4. Cactus

Cactus Well-Known Member

Yes this plus a finance sheet, marketing and sales sheet, stat costs sheet & consultancy sheet. All grouped with your trade sheet into a summary sheet at the front.