Budget tracker for a Development

Discussion in 'Development' started by kvellimalai, 30th Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. kvellimalai

kvellimalai Well-Known Member

Hi All
    I am planning to do a Granny flat development and would like to record all outgoing and incoming with details.
    Is there a spreadsheet or template available. I am preparing one and looking for something better.
    I am sure many of you will be having..

Regards
    Velli

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Generally set up as:

Front page: 3 columns - trade summary: budget, committed cost, over/under budget
    Next pages: elemental trade breakups, trade contract value + variations = committed cost

samiam, melbourne171 and LifesGood like this.
  3. Danielle

Danielle Member

Hi Velli,
    Probably best to have a look on google, depending on what you are after there is no granny flat templates but you could simple use a template for building a house and modify to suit you, just google "building house project template" and look through the images and a whole range of options become available.

Depends on what information it is you want to capture and also how you are building the granny flat etc, personally I would make the spreadsheet myself so it suits exactly what I'm after (but im an excel nerd!) however there are a whole range of things you could capture for example, planned cost, actual cost, savings, start and end date, contractor details etc etc and I don't know which of these is important to you.

4. Cactus

Cactus Well-Known Member

Yes this plus a finance sheet, marketing and sales sheet, stat costs sheet & consultancy sheet. All grouped with your trade sheet into a summary sheet at the front.

Our clients are global and know we are property tax professionals. Our advisers are qualified and experienced and we don't outsource. We can help with complex CGT, Income Tax, and Developer issues. Property is our speciality incl Trusts, Co and SMSF