Brokerage for the time-poor

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by beejay1177, 27th Nov, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. beejay1177

beejay1177 Member

Hi all

First post, and new to the property game. Currently I work in a professional role that prevents me from being available conventional working hours and I work a distance away from Brisbane CBD. Don't care about meeting face to face, but more someone available via chat/email. Any experience or suggestions would be great, and if it is truly possible to do this without spending lots of time in meetings (I already do that a lot in my job!) Looking to purchase our first home as PPOR and an IP.

Thanks all in advance!

2. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

I think quite alot of brokers here are workaholics and should have an intervention in order to work a more 'normal' work hours for a good work/ life balance. @beejay1177 there are many brokers here that are really good here and they contribute heaps to the forum.

Last edited: 27th Nov, 2016
    bob shovel and Jess Peletier like this.
  3. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

I think all the brokers here work via phone, email and Skype, so have a read of the forums and find one that resonates with you.

I love email, good conversations can be had in snippets of time and an hour chunk is rarely necessary unless the client specifically prefers that. It also means the all info is on record which is great for both the broker and the client.

jins13 likes this.
  4. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

I usem @Corey Batt and never actually interact on a lending level face to face or rarely by phone. Sign here sign there send these 20docs and I am done.

5. ellejay

ellejay Well-Known Member

I think that's okay, just depends. I'd like someone I could actually have a conversation with now and again. They might spot something I could be doing better etc. True though, face to face meetings must be a rarity these days.

6. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Steven Ryan organised a loan for our son purely via email and phone. Quick, easy, efficient. Couldn't have run smoother if we tried.

Another son has a loan via brokerage of Rolf Latham. Same story.

They both are based between Brisbane and the Gold Coast I think. But it can all be done without knowing what they look like.

Both fantastic brokers. Thumps up for both of them.

7. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

Hiya

You'll find that most brokers (on here anyway) will be willing/able to advise via email/phone. It's a much more efficient method of doing business for all involved.

Cheers

Jamie

8. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    I have clients all over the country and it's almost always just a matter of an email or call or two, fact finds, some supporting docs and done.

I actually refuse to see people for home/face to face visits. Couldn't think of a worse way to be unproductive than to waste half the day in non income producing traffic. It takes away from the speed with which I can attend to existing clients needs . Creates a domino effect and just acts as a huge weight around the neck of the business. Just a monumental waste of time, really. People who want that should call Aussie or Mortgage Choice ... :)

Last edited: 27th Nov, 2016
  9. 158

158 Well-Known Member

If you chose your broker by looks....some of the guys on here would be starving! :D:D:D

pinkboy

10. beejay1177

beejay1177 Member

Thanks all for the thoughts, much appreciated. I hardly have the time to have a lunch break these days, let alone a sit-down appointment :)

11. albanga

albanga Well-Known Member

Question though. If you never met your clients atleast on Skype then how do you correctly identify them?
    Is this not a key component of the NCCP?

12. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

Never actually met my broker... would be nice to sometime :)
    All loans done via emails.

13. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

Always skype to ID clients.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia