Broken induction stove tops - should I be concerned?

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by jaybean, 23rd Nov, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

I've had one smash in an IP, and my brother's was smashed too when a pot was dropped on it. Luckily they were not stone benchtops so they were easy to replace.

I'm not particularly concerned about the cost of replacing one if it happens to me, but I'm thinking about how hard (if it's even possible) it is to resize the cut-out in Ceasarstone if a new one doesn't fit.

It's got me thinking, since there's no industry standard for induction stove top sizes (like there is with ovens etc), I should probably go for the most popular one. The thinking being; it's more likely it will still be in production or at least have one that's similar in a few years if I have to replace it. Is there a particular make and model that seems to dominate the industry? Is there a "go-to" induction stove that is very popular?

Is my thinking flawed? Is this even a valid concern? Is installed ceasarstone easy to widen? Is there actually a standard for induction stove top sizes? Are higher grade induction stoves harder to crack? I'm new to this but it's been weighing on my mind for my reno.