Broadmeadows duplex development

Discussion in 'Development' started by yoyo_guitarist, 22nd Dec, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. yoyo_guitarist

yoyo_guitarist Well-Known Member

Hi Guys, I have a little property in Broadmeadows on 380m2. I have inquired and there is potential to build two, 3 bedroom 1 bath 1 garage duplexes.
    the original property isn’t in the best condition and costing me in repairs & my intention was always to develop this site but am completely new to this space. Question is does anyone know the cost from start to finish, plans, approvals and Development, with average/medium finishes?
    Thanks all

2. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

I'd say as a broad starting point, find out the selling price of a similar development. While an experienced developer might make as much as 30% profit, a first timer might just break even if they are lucky.

The Y-man

3. yoyo_guitarist

yoyo_guitarist Well-Known Member

Ok mate no drama, that gives me zero confidence haha

4. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

IMHO unless you have a mentor tagging you every mm of the way and/or you have a lot of contacts in the trade, your first would be the "learning experience", not the "money making experience". You'll get better with every subsequent one I am sure.

The Y-man

Archaon likes this.
  5. Tufan Chakir

Tufan Chakir Well-Known Member

At 380sqm the development is going to be tight, make sure you have good advice as to the reality of achieving a development solution, not just a notional "it could work" comment. Design and planning fees allow approx $10 - 12. Construction docs (engineering, arch, building permit) budget $10-15 (depending on a few factors). Construction cost approx $3500 per sqm, depending on a lot of factors. Two lot subdivision, maybe $40k, depends on services VERY RUBBERY FIGURES...

craigc and The Y-man like this.