QLD Brissy bayside - Wynum - Manly units

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by dabbler, 27th Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Hi All,

Seems I may have a few off opportunities & I am wondering if the market is spooked on units already.

Without spelling to much out, if you got a clear 30-40k discount on a unit with standard sort of strata, walk to transport, shops, bay, would you be buying ? Not a unit like in a block of units with no outside area.

My hesitation is also have some good house options, need to be careful of spending & it only takes one decent flood and it's all going backwards again I would say. Pretty confident it would be a good renter.

People up there are concerned about the unit building, but hey, I am from Sydney and work near where there is about 10 new high rises & also go to the mascot area often where there you will see real unit building, if you know what I mean.

What are your thoughts specifically on the 3 types of units in these 2 locations.

2. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Well-Known Member

There's a fairly good reason to be spooked by the level of apartment construction going on (link below) but a well located duplex, townhouse or a unit in small block (4-8) with low BC wouldn't be a bad play if you can indeed pick something like that up 30-40k BMV.

Brisbane could see 50,000 new apartments added to skyline: expert

3. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Most of those units are CBD, has anyone seen the numbers for bayside specifically ?

4. JK200SX

JK200SX Well-Known Member

Most of the unit blocks going up in the area are typically 3-4 storey buildings, and the apt's tend to be bigger than those in the CBD. Some that I've seen are marketed by Remax.

5. Tonibell

Tonibell Well-Known Member

Discount off what ? Also, why are you offered the discount.

If it can be readily sold for $40K more immediately the for sure I'd by buying (everything else being equal).

6. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

We bought three units/ town houses in Manly Wynnum end of 2013 .

It's not going to be impacted the way the CBD is . we bought close to water of Manly " CBD " . prices have moved up slightly , but no massive boom yet . tighter restrictions on development .

Have thought of buying more , but bought else where

I think it will do well .

Cliff

7. trinity168

trinity168 Well-Known Member

Hi Cliff,

What is the averate strata in the units you got?

Thanks.

8. JK200SX

JK200SX Well-Known Member

Yes, the area will do very well!

9. bread_boy

bread_boy Well-Known Member

I pay $502/qtr for a t/house in Wynnum 10 min walk from the Esplanade.

trinity168 likes this.
  10. 733

733 Well-Known Member

Professional couples and families like this area and from our experience Manly and Wynnum Manly rent well - very attractive area - train line as well in Manly

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia