QLD Brisbane's inner north - 2021

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by JamesC, 18th Apr, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. JamesC

JamesC Well-Known Member

Would you say that has something to do with the hand over of land tax calculation on 30th June?

2. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

I dont agree with that at all. Its red red hot. Every year you can see the dip in April regarding buyer activity - doesnt matter what year it is. Then over winter it will be subdued.

As soon as Spring selling season starts again then we will be booming. As long as interest rates dont move housing will continue going up.

Sackie, Codie and Northy85 like this.
  3. Northy85

Northy85 Well-Known Member

100%. if nothing drastically changes in the world, Spring is going to be nuts. I don't think I've seen a house in Albany Creek, Stafford, Stafford Heights or Everton Park not sell in the first week unless it's Auction. Hopefully a little more stock will hit the market in Spring too.

4. Codie

Codie Well-Known Member

Do you not think it’s better if the stock is kept off the market?

Way I see it is Drips & drabs of bad stock when there’s a ton of desperate buyers out will only lift prices, and when good stock comes online it will go for ridiculous prices as the comps are less desirable.

thunderstrike888 likes this.
  5. Northy85

Northy85 Well-Known Member

Yea for sure. I'm just keen to see more houses because I like looking at houses. Even a 25% increase in stock from current levels wouldn't make much of a difference in this market IMO, but it would help with getting a better idea on values.

6. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

The only thing with this spring is its very possible the amount of stock to hit the markets will be significant. I know a few developers scrambling to get their stock completed to hit the markets. Couple that with historicallly increased selling in spring and sellers may find that yes demand is strong but supply may take the wind out of their sail somewhat.

But I do think it may be suburb and stock specific rather than all of Brisbane, if it did play out that way.

Last edited: 14th May, 2021
    Northy85 likes this.