QLD Brisbane

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Peninsula Property, 15th Jul, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. JohnPropChat

JohnPropChat Well-Known Member

whereabouts is this if you don't mind me asking

2. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Well-Known Member

That is odd . House or unit and which suburb ?

3. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

Now even the Queensland Treasurer is buying property in Brisbane. Forgot to declare it :eek:. Naughty girl :D. At least she has gone overseas until the heat dies down ;).

Yeah, need to get rid of the current State Government next year :D.

Patrick Bateman likes this.
  4. Jeremy86

Jeremy86 Active Member

Further North of Brisbane and maybe even considered regional, but why is no one talking about Sunshine Coast areas, especially just inland from already beach side suburbs.

Look inland of somewhere like Noosa, medians have gone up 40% + over last 4-5 years if realestate.com.au is accurate enough.

Sorry if this is off thread topic a bit.

5. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

because if a region has just been through a huge uplift in prices, then the chances of that continuing are low. You might want to find somewhere with low growth so far, that should continue growing for the next five years.

See Change and kierank like this.
  6. Jeremy86

Jeremy86 Active Member

Yeah I get that, but my point was more while everyone is/has been hoping for Brisbane to get its own little decent run, an hour or so north, near enough to the beach, areas are seeing big growth.

I’m not sure if you’re getting any Brisbane commuters up that far, but it’s the O/O appeal, being ten plus minutes from the beach, and bigger lots.

I hold two brissy properties, and am also hoping for more growth but can’t help but look further afield for my next one.

7. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Inland of Noosa is more like two hours commute, even on the train. It will be a long wait for the fast-train. It is common knowledge that Sunny Coast has been a strong grower in the last few years, kinda ignored while Gold Coast /Commonwealth Games/Logan was the flavour of the month. If I was buying post the floods/cyclones when Qld economy was a basket case, called Post GFC everywhere else, it would have been near the Byrtinia hospital. I hear the Noosa Council is "difficult".

Jeremy86 likes this.
  8. milobear

milobear Well-Known Member

I've recently had a local agent contact me whether I'm looking at selling as they have a client looking at buying. There was no official offer etc, but the agent had advised how much the client was ready/willing to pay. The interested party missed out on an auction the past weekend and they're pretty keen to settle for something soon. I wasn't considering selling as Brisbane hasn't had it's run, but the potential offer was a bit more than i'd thought someone would pay. If I was to sell at the price being offered, I would be cashing in 24% gain. Anyone else have agents knocking on their doors?

9. Pier1

Pier1 Well-Known Member

Yes, Toowong absolute crazy at least 6 times a month, they apparently can’t get enough stock to match buyers

10. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Which suburb?

11. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I get agents from time to time try their luck. They're just trying to get more inventory for potential sales. I always tell them get me a contract signed with that amount and we have a deal. Usually then you get the spiel of how it's in my best interest to stage, market etc etc lol

So what happened to the person wanting to pay top dollar for my place 2 seconds ago?? Disappeared into thin air poof! Together with my top dollar offer.:D

Don't blame em though. It's all part of the game and their job which many people just don't get.

R377, Leeroy93, Marg4000 and 2 others like this.
  12. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

Well I've been waiting for this day for I don't know, years... I own several properties in Brisbane (all within 8kms to CBD) and it APPEARS that rents are rising and there isn't much rental stock around.

For those on the ground, am I seeing what I want to see or is it time to start seriously benchmarking (read raising) my rents?

Skyegirl likes this.
  13. Patrick Bateman

People I know are raising their rents . I’ll be raising mine on my house at Taringa

14. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I've not found rents to be rising. I've dropped rents on all houses as they've become empty. Two dropped due to construction work being done (our Coorparoo DA) and one we just weren't able to get the same as we got a year ago (Balmoral).

Codie likes this.
  15. Patrick Bateman

Do you own units or houses and in which suburbs ?

16. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

Houses...Wilston, Carina and Morningside. Also have one in Redcliffe but admittedly, that area marches to its own drum.

Last edited: 22nd Oct, 2019
    Patrick Bateman and Codie like this.
  17. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

One of our Brisbane IPs (4/2/2 house in Runcorn) is up for a rent review.

Our PM has recommended a rent increase (supported by a CMA), first one on this property in years.

We accepted their recommendation :D.

18. Patrick Bateman

From what I hear from friends your Southside rent should be increased , I don’t know anyone who owns on the Northside so not sure about that one

19. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

On realestate yesterday, there were just 4 houses for rent in Wilston.

20. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member