Brisbane subdivision

Discussion in 'Development' started by ralph1, 4th Jul, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. ralph1

ralph1 Active Member

Hi all
    I am currently looking at a property for my SMSF which is 37mtr long and 18.8mtr frontage.
    It is approx. 200mtr back from Gympie rd and zoned low density residential.
    Has any one every split a block of this size and/or is it possible to do so.

Cheers

2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Usually needs to be at least 800sqm with 20 meter frontage unless your next to some kind of allowance proximity zone. @RPI is the man to chat with.

Also read through this.

Subdividing land | Brisbane City Council

Last edited: 4th Jul, 2016
  3. ralph1

ralph1 Active Member

Thanks Leo2413. I just spoke to a town planner and it is within the required distance from an area zoned "center" and the frontage if adequate for a splitter. So going by that, it looks good.
    Now just have to put in an offer

Sackie likes this.
  4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Do you know where the services are in the ground and if there is a slope, does it flow to the services? Are you also looking to do this development asap? or some time in the distant future?

5. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

Overland flow path, neighourhood plans and looking at slope to street gutter for stormwater also vital.

6. ralph1

ralph1 Active Member

Leo I have checked the services the block slopes from front to back and I wouldn't be doing a development for awhile yet.

RPI The slope from front to back is a problem with the storm water runoff but I'm not that concerned with that at the moment. The block behind is fairly open so if we have nice neighbours we may be able to do something through their property to the gutter at a later date

7. ralph1

ralph1 Active Member

Leo, I have checked the services, the block slopes from the front to the back and a development wouldn't be happening for awhile

RPI, the slope from the front to the back will be a problem for the storm water run off but I'm not concerned about that at the moment. The block behind is fairly open so if we have good neighbours we may be able to go through their yard and out to the gutter. I think it is a rental aswell.

8. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Hmm OK.. imho it's not something I would take lightly but I don't know your exact plans with this project either.

9. ralph1

ralph1 Active Member

Don't get me wrong , I'm not taking it lightly. I'm looking for something in my super so I personally wont be able to do a development. It may just be something that will allow me to get a bit more for it when the time comes to sell. Yes it has the potential to subdivide but that is not the driving force behind the decision.

Sackie likes this.
  10. albanga

albanga Well-Known Member

If you buy a property via a SMSF, does the development have to be funded by the fund?

11. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

Lots of rules. If you have borrowed to purchase then makes a difference also. The person auditing your SMSF each year is a good first go to. Sometimes they will require a written letter of advice from a solicitor regarding a structure to ensure compliance.

albanga likes this.
  12. beachgurl

beachgurl Well-Known Member

My nice neighbours took 7 months to say yes. Then they changed their minds. Resale could prove difficult as developers will know the challenges of involving neighbours

Observer likes this.