Brisbane Storm

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by hash_investor, 29th Mar, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

I don't think there is any need to talk it up, just a balanced perspective would be nice.

Angel, Marg4000 and Kangabanga like this.
  2. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Kieran the real estate journalist at CM

Marg4000 and kierank like this.
  3. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

True, Buddy, but some of us get negatively affected by other people's emotional crap, not our own. It might be a small hiccup for those with tons of wealth to spare but for those of us trying to build up some wealth, it's untimely AGAIN. You know how positive I tend to be - I hardly call that a flood. A lot of rain yes. A problem for business owners who insist on operating out of well-known flood zones (hmm). A flood is what occurred in 1974 and again in 2011. I for one would like to see my property values grow more than 8% since the end of 2010.

samiam, wylie and kierank like this.
  4. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

That is what I have found about bad news - it always happens at the worst possible time.

Our dentist is based in Beenleigh. They were due to relocate to a new building in early March. This move was put on hold for a few weeks due to delays/issues in the new building. They are still in their old building.

Their old building went under; the new building is high and dry. I can't imagine how ****** off and devastated they must be.

There are bound to be others with similar 'bad luck' stories.

I do feel sorry for all of them. As you know, I have some serious crap going on in my life right now. We are taking each day, one day at a time. At least, TC Debbie was kind to us. A free trees down, a lot of fallen branches, a lot of debris around the place but the only material damage is a large branch fell on one of our driveway lights and 'disassembled' it. We lost power and mobile comms for over 24 hours. In comparison to others, we feel so lucky

And I have to stay positive. My battles with crap will take the remainder of this year; we even had a hospital emergency last Thursday night, right when ex-TC Debbie was lashing Brisbane. We had to navigate last five fallen down trees just to get to the main road. But I still consider ourselves lucky.

Sackie, Angel, Kangabanga and 2 others like this.
  5. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

@kierank
    Sorry to hear. Having to go out on Thursday night must have been frightening in itself apart from the medical urgency.

Hope all OK.

Unlike some, Debbie left us alone. Just leaves all over the backyard.
    Marg

kierank likes this.
  6. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

They should just put up a default warning like southpark has "due to content this should not be viewed by anyone".

Maybe just a default "you're all doomed, run for the hills"

Marg4000 likes this.
  7. Daisycutter4

Daisycutter4 Well-Known Member

Sorry I'm a bit late Angel. Will this do?:

Good news for property owners - realestate.com.au

Tom Rivera likes this.