QLD Brisbane schools

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Four two two, 21st Jan, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Four two two

Four two two New Member

Good evening,

I would be very grateful if anyone would be able to share the most in demand suburbs due to their school catchments? Eg 5 or 6 suburbs which are known for having access to desirable schools.

Thanks in advance

2. Hetty

Hetty Well-Known Member

You’ll need to look at maps as school catchments don’t follow suburb borders. We bought in the Mansfield High catchment, very good school.

3. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

Marsden State high was best public school for 2020 nationally. Supposedly has the best Principal running it from the public sector as well.

Its in Logan as well which is great news. Its just like James Ruse High in Sydney also located in the Western Sydney and its pretty much the best school in Sydney.

4. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

Opinion only:

Rochedale South (and Rochedale)
    Daisy Hill
    Southport
    Fig Tree Pocket

I don't know north side well enough, except i think Wilston might be good.

5. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Well-Known Member

Indooroopilly/ Taringa / St Lucia

6. couq

couq Well-Known Member

Depending on budget
    brisbane state high catchment (south brisbane, highgate, west end), Mansfield (mansfield, Wishart) Indooroopilly, Kelvin Grove catchment (inner north), the gap, Cavendish Rd Holland park

7. Zia

Zia Member

Is there any website that gives info on top schools?

8. Patrick Bateman

Here’s a couple , bit hard to navigate etc but Indooroopilly state school is highly rated on both . On the bottom link indro highschool is ranked second after Brisbane state high . People talk about Marsdon and Mansfield etc which I’m sure are great schools but I wouldn’t want to live in those places if you can afford to live around the Indooroopilly area personally . Each ti their own obviously . The highschool at indro is excellent also and many good private schools in the inner west .

Top Primary Schools in QLD - 2022 | Cluey Learning

https://mychoiceschools.com.au/queensland/brisbane/

https://www.ngosify.com/best-state-high-schools-in-brisbane/

9. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I would choose a few areas you want to live, can get to and from work from fairly easily, car, bus, train and try to narrow it down. Whoever you ask is going to have a bias towards the suburbs they know, and the schools they know.

You will find good schools all over Brisbane, but what about looking for a place you like to live, can get to and from work easily. Find the suburbs you like and then see what schools are close by, or can be reached by bus or train.

There's no point buying in the catchment of a great school and realising you don't like the area.

I'd hate to be moving to a new city and having to decide where I'd be comfortable living. But there is more to it than schools.

mcqueen95, couq and gman65 like this.
  10. MelindaJennison

MelindaJennison Brisbane Buyer's Agent & QPIA Business Member

This is always an interesting topic. Different parents look for different things in selecting a good school. As a parent myself I know this to be true as some parents choose for academic outcomes, other parents choose for access to extra curricular options and others for their religious affiliation.
    Here is some useful information that will help to guide you on selecting schools in Brisbane
    How to find the best Brisbane School Catchment

11. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

This is very true. We were discussing schooling with a man and his daughter who live a few streets away a few days ago.

She's just finished at the school our boys went to, was very happy with it. It is heavily skewed towards music (and academic achievement) but much less so towards sport.

Anyone sending a child there who is sporting would be frustrated by the lack of the sports available compared to the schools that are strong in that area.

Last edited: 25th Jan, 2022
  12. SouthieMonk

SouthieMonk Well-Known Member

everyone is forgetting Kenmore and chapel hill. reputed schools and always in top 10.

Hamish84 likes this.
  13. Patrick Bateman

Anywhere in the inner to middle western suburbs you’re good

Hamish84 likes this.
  14. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Boggo Rd Public in Dutton Park.

15. standtall

standtall Well-Known Member

Mansfield high catchments (parts of Carindale, Mansfield, MGE and Wishart) are extremely desirable and it’s the best ranked school after Brisbane state high school. Mansfield, Wishart and MGE primary schools are also among the best in the state.

16. Frosty123

Frosty123 Well-Known Member

Which school in Daisy Hill?

17. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

I think there is a big private school there, JPC or something similar ( fact check required ).

18. DamienP

DamienP Member

Indooroopilly, Kenmore, The Gap, Kelvin Grove, Kedron, State High, new one at Dutton Park, Cav Rd, Mansfield in no particular order. All will be/are desirable schools that I think will probably increasingly be so

Patrick Bateman likes this.
  19. DamienP

DamienP Member

My previous post referred to high schools. Below are some primary schools I know are desirable off the top of my head. Sometimes these can have a bigger influence on housing values than high schools, especially if they are in areas where a lot of people send their kids to private high schools (such as in the inner north).

Milton, Rainworth, Eagle Junction, Ascot, Junction Park, Ironside, Wilston, Ashgrove, Indro, a few around Sunnybank (unsure of names, dyor)

Patrick Bateman likes this.
  20. Nathan Prasad

Nathan Prasad Well-Known Member Business Member

SouthieMonk and Patrick Bateman like this.