QLD Brisbane/QLD Overhype

Discussion in 'Property Analysis' started by standtall, 22nd May, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. big max

big max Well-Known Member

2. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

A
    Agreed. I have a feeling that thrmarket is going to step up a gear in the next few months. I say this because jobs are increasing- at a slow pace yes, but some growth in this is better than no growth .

big max and Whitecat like this.
  3. samiam

samiam Well-Known Member

Help! @MTR
    Overhype is taken over by Hype :p:p:p

Sackie, JDP1 and MTR like this.
  4. big max

Agree.

Ps interesting to note Gold Coast is growing fastest in Qld. And also has the lowest unemployment in Qld now. How times are changing!

5. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

And then you have in the near future the 2018 Commonwealth Games 4-15April 2018,if the leadup price wise was anything like what happened in 1982 in Brisbane with property prices,we may well see a boom within a boom period..

big max and Whitecat like this.
  6. big max

Yes I think that's very likely.

Jury is still out what will happen post-games. I'm very positive next decade will be great for Gold Coast investors.

7. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

Hi @ellejay , please.share what other places has the same/better growth???

8. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

What part of Redlands are you guys talking about ? the far northern end looks good to me and most things seem to sell pretty quick & let's face it, most of the bay is no real beach anyway.

Sonamic likes this.
  9. jprops

jprops Well-Known Member

If it's has same/better growth... Wouldn't it have same/better competition?

10. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

samiam likes this.
  11. willair

Maybe it's already happening,one only has to look small inner southside 10klms CBD Central range,from Rocklea too West End ..Rocklea no flood lmr sites 800sqm;s or less 400k plus,West End blocks these days above 1.3 mil wiwo 28 days cash settlement..
    Rocklea is less then 9 klm's then Moorooka Annerley Dutton Park all the way into the river,last time it was 20k per month when all the dots lined up..imho..

12. samiam

samiam Well-Known Member

13. samiam

samiam Well-Known Member

What do you think of flashy new houses at Rocklea selling ard 900k? Much demand??

14. willair

Most are post 2011 flood jobs,all i'm trying to do is a value range in-between 9klm's out from the CBD,Demand wise anything above the flood line which a high % wise and rezoned are ,if what happened down south over a short period can happen in Brisbane..we have property in rocklea for over 25 years.

samiam likes this.
  15. Luka

Luka Well-Known Member

Something is going on. We've had 3 weeks or more with very low clearance rates, Coomera / Helensvale sales numbers have dropped dramatically (down to 2011 levels for Helensvale), time to sell has increased, and rents have started to drop a bit.

It's only the preliminary results, but Gold Coast auctions recorded less than 10 sales at auction?! Even the sold prior is low, with no sold afters so far

We're well into spring now and I'd have expected some more activity overall.

Last edited: 8th Oct, 2016
  16. jprops

jprops Well-Known Member

Where are you getting this? Ahh .. you're talking Gold Coast. Confused me because Brisbane clearance rate was quite good today Brisbane Real Estate Auction Results

17. Luka

Luka Well-Known Member

It's low for both GC and Bris for a few weeks.

Domain for Brissy reported only 33 properties sold (sold prior + sold at auction + sold after +VB) out of 120 registered auctions

I'll happily state the obvious :) - it's in every persons interest to report a successful auction sale ASAP if they are trying to make a living from real-estate. Almost all succesfull ones get reported by Saturday evening. By the end of this week, some of the remaining passed-in's will get added to the calculation, and the clearance rate will drop further (Core logic recalcs again at the end of the week).

I'm invested in Brissy as some of you are - lets be careful over the coming few years in this area

18. jprops

jprops Well-Known Member

Interesting... so 120 were scheduled but only 51 went ahead (at least that was what I counted in the list)? How did they get the number 57%?

19. Luka

Luka Well-Known Member

You've just asked the million dollar question we've all been asking ourselves :)

I do my own calcs from the results (CoreLogic and Domain) and filter the Brissy and GC ones, and have been doing it for about 15 years. There is a downward trend for both Bris and GC starting May 2016. It goes up in 2014-2015, and could see it drop in 2009

Whitecat likes this.
  20. Kangabanga

Kangabanga Well-Known Member

I can confirm that. In my area near Manly West, right after the elections there was an increase in listings and everything seemed to be selling within a couple weeks at pretty much asking price, but now new listings fewer and whatever's on sale is not selling. Rents are also still going down/soft and whatever's for rent is not being rented out even with 5% reductions.

Perhaps its the new guy who's holding interest rates steady and the imminent threat of interest rate rises. Or maybe the apartment glut and discounting is filtering to houses as well.

As someone else mentioned before, calm before the storm?