QLD Brisbane Property Q4 2016

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Whitecat, 1st Oct, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

{Note - thread continued from here: QLD - Brisbane Property 2016}

Evidence?

Last edited by a moderator: 13th May, 2018
    samiam likes this.
  2. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

If you look at the interstate migration figures you'll find it will be something like 14 k net migration , but 114 k in and 100 k out , so there always lots of people moving out .

Cliff

3. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

I think you will find that's the same on the inner south-side in Brisbane..There are more for lease --for rent signs then for sale signs..

4. willair

I think you will find that's the same on the inner south-side in Brisbane..There are more for lease --for rent signs then for sale signs..

5. willair

6. willair

7. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

It'd based on what we are seeing at work so obviously cannot disclose on a public forum the sources of our pipeline of work.

Toon and Whitecat like this.
  8. norwoodman

norwoodman Well-Known Member

A new line branching off from Bowen Hills would be of limited benefit without addressing the capacity constraints in the existing network; because the number of tracks is limited, building new lines means less services on other lines as they all share the inner city tracks. The rail network south of Bowen Hills is reaching capacity at peak hour by the number of trains running through it. The existing network can't carry a limitless number of trains.

The capacity and improved access is why the Cross River Rail is a much better proposal than the Metro - it provides alternative access routes in to the CBD from the existing rail network, increases the capacity by increasing the number of tracks suburban trains can take through the city and links in to the existing network. You can't continuously build new lines out in the suburbs and hope the problems in the existing inner city system go away.

ndpjai and Whitecat like this.
  9. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

In my experience on trains Bowen Hills is the most frequent jam spot.
    The metro and CRR are not mutually exclusive.

ndpjai likes this.
  10. norwoodman

norwoodman Well-Known Member

You're correct in that they aren't mutually exclusive. Regardless of whether they are mutually exclusive or not, the plans and details for the Brisbane Metro are not well thought out.

11. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

I've spoken to a few agents this weekend. We are already starting to have a bumper spring. Houses now selling before they hit the market with a jump in price. Offers now over asking. Very few listings.

This is Brisbane inner south, and same story further afield.

Sadly I'm not in a position to buy another, but I think we are going to have a good 1-2 quarters IMHO.

Realist35, Observer, Magoo and 5 others like this.
  12. vbplease

vbplease Well-Known Member

really wish we could have bought one more two.. One in either MGE or Stafford would be perfect ;)

samiam likes this.
  13. Luka

Luka Well-Known Member

14. ndpjai

ndpjai Well-Known Member

This is what we taxpayers are expecting transport planners\strategists who are earning >200K minimum to perform their role thinking for the next 50 years not 5 years.

15. ndpjai

ndpjai Well-Known Member

Brisbane is heating nicely especially inner south & inner north, quite difficult for me even to negotiate when i bought 2 weeks back. Full price if ur lucky, usually more than asking price only for PPOR and investment grade properties.

Magoo, Whitecat and Steven Ryan like this.
  16. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Screenshot_2016-10-02-14-46-15.png Screenshot_2016-10-02-14-46-32.png
    Nice CG for Everton Park starting to come though now after appearing to be a little undervalued previously.
    I don't know whether ease of access to the CBD and further south via the Clem 7 has made much of a difference. I hadn't been in the area for a while but used the tunnel network a lot last week. The fees are a rip off but travelling from one side of the city to the other in 20+minutes was bliss. Like going into a time machine back to the 80s.:p
    The state government might be broke but the infrastructure has improved greatly.

Bran, Whitecat and MTR like this.
  17. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Where/what suburb would you buy if you were in a position to buy and house/unit, development site? Curious

MTR:)

18. dan2101

dan2101 Well-Known Member

@HUGH72 the median of $590k in everton park makes keperra still seem like good value at $487k. Do you think that gap will close at all? Nearly bought in Everton park a year ago for $480k but thought it was overpriced!

19. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

I still think the (Coorparoo) - Greenslopes - Holland Park - Mount Gravatt East stretch will continue to go up.

I drove around Mount Gravatt East yesterday, lots of the completed boutique developments have improved the streetscape compared to the rundown places they replaced. I'm holding my development block for the next cycle... one (units) yield is 3.7% on current value, 5% on purchase price. The other (knock down, rebuild) is 4%.

Greenslopes is more highly sought than HP at the moment, and subsequently worth about 100k more for an equivalent house. There are still a few old QLDers on 800m2 blocks with rear access - I'd love one of these.

samiam, Magoo, Whitecat and 2 others like this.
  20. Luka

Luka Well-Known Member

Last edited: 3rd Oct, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.