QLD Brisbane Property Q2 2018

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by sash, 2nd Apr, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ndpjai

ndpjai Well-Known Member

@ORAC Is there a way to find out whether your property is within 200m of zone centre other than google maps TA

2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I think as land continues to get more expensive in the inner and middle ring areas, the developable sites within these areas which were bought some time ago will continue to be developed - the numbers will just make more and more sense (and cents) from a developers pow. I believe the outer ring areas will be a lot trickier to make increasing density work from a developers POW unless the end values dramatically increase. I also tend to think we will see a lot more modern/contemporary builds amongst the Queenslanders which we are already starting to see in expensive suburbs. The older 607sqm lots will also become more and more valuable, especially if they are in premium suburbs. As the land becomes more valuable (due to increasing demand and limited supply) it will be worth knocking down to build modern PPOR/OO builds for a demographic that will want larger lots with new moderns and wiling to pay for it.

Overall I see massive potential in Brisbane over the next 10-15 years. Specifically where? Best potential/returns I see is in Inner/middle ring. Larger, older homes.

iloveqld and Patrick Bateman like this.
  3. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Ask as town planner. I look at maps all the time and even if I'm 100% sure it is within a zone etc, I always ask the expert to be 150% sure. Another thing many people forget about is overlays. You can be zoned correctly, have the right frontage and size but the overlays can give you a nicesty surprise.

Patrick Bateman and ndpjai like this.
  4. BlueKelpie

BlueKelpie Member

Interesting article about property investment in Australia (incl. Brisbane which is mentioned):

Demand from foreign buyers to surge in next decade, says global head of residential at Knight Frank
    ...............“You’ve seen nothing yet. The surge of Chinese investment is only going to increase in the next 10 years because there’s going to be a generational shift of wealth,” he said. “They also have about 130,000 new millionaires each year which is massive … and more than any other nation they’re looking to invest offshore.....

Australia has seen 'nothing yet' when it comes to demand from foreign buyers, expert says

Patrick Bateman likes this.
  5. ORAC

ORAC Well-Known Member

Fully 100% agree with your analysis. I would tend to agree with the outer ring suburbs, there's this trade off between new housing estates which appeal to a lot of buyers versus often the dowdiness of some outer ring suburbs ripe for redevelopment. For example, North Lakes is a very popular estate, yet the outer ring suburbs on the BCC LGA area (e.g. Bracken Ridge, Bald Hills, etc) don't seem as popular, but when considering that they are closer distance to the Brisbane CBD, one would think that they would be more desirable. It will probably take some time for many of the outer ring suburbs to transition before becoming more popular with developers.

6. ORAC

ORAC Well-Known Member

Yes, these rules about what constitutes 200 m from a zone centre is tricky, plus with all the overlays and other conditions. Best to talk to a town planner, most are open for having an initial discussion (e.g. ASI Planning).

7. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Well this is precisely what I am waiting for with the outer ring. In the mean time it's inner/middle for me.

8. iloveqld

iloveqld Well-Known Member

That demand has been down due to the CGT on foreign owner, they are moving their capital to NZ...

Micko likes this.
  9. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Well-Known Member

That's ok it will only take about 3 weeks for the Chinese to buy up all the real estate in nz ;)

iloveqld likes this.
  10. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Yeah true. The fundamentals of Australian property have not changed. A bit more expensive than previous yes, but the structure of the market has not changed much. This continues to provide a safe haven for BRICS money and will continue to do so.

11. Thedoc

Thedoc Well-Known Member

I work in Liverpool. It’s a sh$thole. Will go backwards for the next 5 years in my opinion.

12. defrag

defrag Member

I can see this happening, just came back from Adelaide and was amazed to see the number of houses on 300m2 lots, if it's happening there why couldnt it happen in Brisbane? You can still build a nice house on 300 or 350m2, better option than townhouses.

13. Illusivedreams

Illusivedreams Well-Known Member

Based on What?
    What factors will make it go backwards?

14. Illusivedreams

Illusivedreams Well-Known Member

Liverpool is not really further west than Parramatta :) it is when relative to the city but you know what i. Mean.

Campbelltown yes.

But the price of an Apartment in Parramatta is almost if not x2 price of Campbelltown.

15. Thedoc

Thedoc Well-Known Member

- oversupply
    - market sentiment
    - raising interest rates
    - people realising it has nothing going for it

16. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

Brisbane thread folks

17. Thedoc

Thedoc Well-Known Member

Yeah fair point. Sometime someone just needs to remind @Illusivedreams that his dreams might not come true.

18. MissMel

MissMel Well-Known Member

19. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Well-Known Member

20. MissMel

MissMel Well-Known Member

I had the same question! Apparently it shares a title with the place behind it? But yeah- definitely think it’s a bit ridiculous.

We provide our clients with the opportunity to select their own investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities. We provide the research to ensure your selections will achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.